Project: Mobza--Pretending we are 17 again

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Dash In-N-Out Tally: 25~ish times
Time: 4.5 hours
Cost: only a couple bucks worth of abrasives
Tools: Dynabrade air grinder with 1” drum, 4.5” Milwaukee grinder w/cutoff wheel.
Drinks: Foster’s, Australian for BEER!! 2X green oil cans
Food: Del Taco family pack
Music: 90’s White Zombie
Expletives yelled: Dozens. Dash fitment and fiberglass grinding are miserable activities. And for the love of fuck, Ranger dashes so ridiculously heavy! Goddamnit.

Dash trial fit #6.66

Outside vents might be rendered useless.

And in other news,
“Rider down at race mile 30 feet!”

WhiteTrashKyle was following my son with his new fancy drone and we witnessed him wadding up his sister’s pink Barbie bike. FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!! His shoe came off and everything! We were doubled over with tumultuous laughter!

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
Hahaha you know it's a serious accident when shoes fly off!!

Not one bit jealous of that dash fitting nonsense. Looks like it is going to end up really clean though! You are a more patient man than I, I'd be eyeing a sheet of aluminum and browsing summit for some cheap gauges

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Oh man, the favorite part of the build! LOL. I always make sure to try and share that pain with someone else too.

I should have taken a real tally with a marker on the number of times. My attitude starts with... OK, let's remove as little as possible. By the end I am like.. fuck you, and fuck you .... ok, you're cool ... oh, and fuck you, and you. .. and start cutting everything remotely close to hitting. hahah

Where's da dash/window x-member at doe??

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Oh man, the favorite part of the build! LOL. I always make sure to try and share that pain with someone else too.

I should have taken a real tally with a marker on the number of times. My attitude starts with... OK, let's remove as little as possible. By the end I am like.. fuck you, and fuck you .... ok, you're cool ... oh, and fuck you, and you. .. and start cutting everything remotely close to hitting. hahah

Where's da dash/window x-member at doe??
^^^Funny! It was nice to share the itchy misery with WTK and Brent.

Dude. I have been putting this dash tube off for as long as possible. Retaining the functionality of as many niceties as possible makes it a royal pain in the ass! Furthermore, I have to sleeve the dash tube in the center to even get it in place! (I might do less than my normal 8 rosette welds in this particular instance hahaha!)

Windshield bars will be the next couple tubes that get made. Usually I use 1.25x0.065” 4130 for windshield /\, but this time I will be using 1.5x0.120” DOM because i don’t have any nice smaller OD tube.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Hahaha you know it's a serious accident when shoes fly off!!

Not one bit jealous of that dash fitting nonsense. Looks like it is going to end up really clean though! You are a more patient man than I, I'd be eyeing a sheet of aluminum and browsing summit for some cheap gauges
I took my son to Fontucky Kaiser for foot X-rays even! Poor little bastard. He’s fine, apparently the Barbie bike is just too much estrogen for him to handle...

No kidding on how miserable the dash fitment is—it is an activity that requires good humored buddies and copious amounts of beer for sure!!! I really want it to come out nice, and I think it will.

When we first started this build I didn’t take it the slightest bit seriously. I drunkenly hacked shit together, used whatever shitty materials were rusting in my sideyard, and relentlessly talked shit on every aspect of the build. These days, the mobza is really starting to make my balls tingle.

May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Anybody know if the Fosters here tastes the same as Fosters down there? I know Tecate is different here in the states. The roho's are way better south of the border.

If somebody wants to ship me up a can of Fosters I will be happy to do a detailed taste test against the northern Fosters.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds