Project: Mobza--Pretending we are 17 again

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Hey, I actually like the boomerang mounts! Truck stuff is always so angular. I dig the curvy lines.

Side note: is that wire by the upper shock mount (held on by electrical tape) used to keep reference of where the mount needs to be?
Thanks! I like the boomerang shock mount concept.

^^^exactly! That “wire” is 1/16” TIG rod wound around the AC dryer chingadera. It is a quick reference to approximate the upper shock eyelet location.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I know wire is predominantly used for electrical or bailing (spelling?) But I interchange filler rod and filler wire all the time hah. None of the filler i use is thick enough to be called a rod (that's what she said?)

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
WTK cut out the floor while I held the baby all day, and we prepared the seat mounts for metal glue.

BroBroBroBrent bandsawed some of the tie-in gussets for the seat tubes. The left-to-right seat tubes will be welded directly over the door tube, then we will add the pictured gussets and fore and aft gussets.

Unbranded seat: anybody know what it is?

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Wasted almost the entire evening on Thursday making the boomerang shock mounts.

Here’s how it went down:

I made cardboard templates as outlined in previous post. Cycled suspension numerous times, measured, re-measured, re-checked with cardboard templates. Everything seemed copacetic.

Cut out 4X 3/16” plate shock mounts and tuned up the dross on the disk sander. I got them tacked in, installed the coilover, and the coils rubbed the upper a-arm at full bump. Sunuvabitch!

I’m still not sure how I pooched it up—I wasn’t even inebriated! (There’s yer problem!)
Went to bed on Thursday night cold, tired, frustrated, and defeated.

Saturday morning: Brent brought homemade breakfast and we attacked the shock mounts again. I was able to salvage and reuse 2X of the plates I cut out on the Thursday of infamy.

Clearance in the rear shock mount plate to facilitate master cylinder removal:

Passenger side:

Disassembled the IBPs—lots of cool stuff going on in there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds