Project: Mobza--Pretending we are 17 again

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Senior Member
Mar 29, 2017
2,343
184
63
Yucaipa
Hey, I actually like the boomerang mounts! Truck stuff is always so angular. I dig the curvy lines.

Side note: is that wire by the upper shock mount (held on by electrical tape) used to keep reference of where the mount needs to be?
Thanks! I like the boomerang shock mount concept.

^^^exactly! That “wire” is 1/16” TIG rod wound around the AC dryer chingadera. It is a quick reference to approximate the upper shock eyelet location.

 

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
10,129
51
48
Moorpark
I know wire is predominantly used for electrical or bailing (spelling?) But I interchange filler rod and filler wire all the time hah. None of the filler i use is thick enough to be called a rod (that's what she said?)
 
Likes: Turboyota

Turboyota

Senior Member
Mar 29, 2017
2,343
184
63
Yucaipa
WTK cut out the floor while I held the baby all day, and we prepared the seat mounts for metal glue.


BroBroBroBrent bandsawed some of the tie-in gussets for the seat tubes. The left-to-right seat tubes will be welded directly over the door tube, then we will add the pictured gussets and fore and aft gussets.



Unbranded seat: anybody know what it is?
 

Turboyota

Senior Member
Mar 29, 2017
2,343
184
63
Yucaipa
Wasted almost the entire evening on Thursday making the boomerang shock mounts.

Here’s how it went down:

I made cardboard templates as outlined in previous post. Cycled suspension numerous times, measured, re-measured, re-checked with cardboard templates. Everything seemed copacetic.

Cut out 4X 3/16” plate shock mounts and tuned up the dross on the disk sander. I got them tacked in, installed the coilover, and the coils rubbed the upper a-arm at full bump. Sunuvabitch!

I’m still not sure how I pooched it up—I wasn’t even inebriated! (There’s yer problem!)
Went to bed on Thursday night cold, tired, frustrated, and defeated.

Saturday morning: Brent brought homemade breakfast and we attacked the shock mounts again. I was able to salvage and reuse 2X of the plates I cut out on the Thursday of infamy.

Clearance in the rear shock mount plate to facilitate master cylinder removal:








Passenger side:





Disassembled the IBPs—lots of cool stuff going on in there.




 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds