Project: Mobza--Pretending we are 17 again

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
why the fuck are you not migging the hidden shit?
1. I do not enjoy NIG welding.
2. The welds are sometimes bulky enough that I have to re-tune the tube notches for proper fitment.
3. I was already setup inside the cage jungle gym with the tig welder, so I just went for it.
4. Brent was there to hand me shit, grab beers, etc, so it went fairly quickly.
5. Reiteration of my distaste for MIG welding.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
1. I do not enjoy NIG welding.
2. The welds are sometimes bulky enough that I have to re-tune the tube notches for proper fitment.
3. I was already setup inside the cage jungle gym with the tig welder, so I just went for it.
4. Brent was there to hand me shit, grab beers, etc, so it went fairly quickly.
5. Reiteration of my distaste for MIG welding.
i feel that was accidental but knowing you, NIG welding was probably on purpose lmao.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Yes weld underside if I fucking remember. I also put a 1/4" breather hole at all intersections. Really helps with blowouts.
I need to start doing this. I have had blowouts before because of this. 1/4" seems big though!

Great updates Turdblo. Tits Coozie is badass!!

You are definitely making me feel lazy with all that work. And it certainly looks strange having the stick frame underneath the "pseudo backhalf" too.

I nig weld all the hidden junctions I can. Only missed a couple small spots due to order of operations on certain junctions.

Probably won't make a lick of difference with all that weldment and HAZ.... but I know it's done "properly" in my head.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I need to start doing this. I have had blowouts before because of this. 1/4" seems big though!

Great updates Turdblo. Tits Coozie is badass!!

You are definitely making me feel lazy with all that work. And it certainly looks strange having the stick frame underneath the "pseudo backhalf" too.

I nig weld all the hidden junctions I can. Only missed a couple small spots due to order of operations on certain junctions.

Probably won't make a lick of difference with all that weldment and HAZ.... but I know it's done "properly" in my head.
Thanks Aaroneous!!

I usually drill vent holes AFTER I have a blowout.

Like this:

*POP*
“Fuckinshit. I forgot to vent the tubes!”
“Brent, please hand me another piece of tungsten and the Nairobi drill with a center drill in it.”

“And another beer!”

The stock frame DOES look outta place hanging below the backhalf! It’ll probably be there for a couple years...

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Time: 5 hours
Holes patched in firewall & floor: 4.3
Tools: MIG welder, air grinders, HF electric metal shear, bandsaw, 48” pan/box brake.
Food: German! Spicy Hungarian sausages hot german potato salad and sauerkraut
Music selection: Metallica, White Zombie, Slayer, Megadeth
PPE: After getting metal detritus(and a “rust ring”) dremeled out of my eye by the ophthalmologist for the SECOND TIME in 6 months, I have decided to rethink my lackadaisical implementation of eye protection. For years I have given zero fucks about safety glasses because it seems that I get just as much shit in my eyes with glasses on versus off. That shit fucking bank shots off your cheeks directly into your fucking eyes.

Before:

After:

Passenger side A-pillar closeout

Mid driver’s side A-pillar just below wiper linkage:
Before:

After:

Mid passenger side A-pillar

^^^that little bastard had 6 bends in it.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds