Project: Mobza--Pretending we are 17 again

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
No worries! Thats why i bought 2! the one nice thing about the ricer scene picking back up is the abundance of cheap parts lol. if this exact thing was made by an offroad industry company, shit would be at least $200

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Hours: 10 (I was not present, thus the heightened productivity, lack of alcohol consumption, zero tools spiked, and subdued use of the F-word
Lunch: Subs of the USA (poor service—booooooooo)
Drinks: water
Cans of dip: 1X Grizzly(whitetrashkyle)
Fumes inhaled: All
Brain cells killed: 50% of remaining balance
Paint huffing high: check

Consumables:
———————
Cans of paint: 6 Rustoleum Painter’s Touch 2X ultra cover semi gloss black
Great Stuff expanding foam(I prefer Loctite brand expanding foam , but WTFever...)
Acetone volume: 1 quart
Shop rags: 1/4 box
Respirators: No
Gloves: No
3M Masking tape: 1 roll

Accomplishments:
—————————
Painted interior and backhalf
Welded fuel filler neck bracket
Installed Racetrim seats, Mastercraft Padded 2” belts & carpet
Wiring done for 3rd brake light and dome light
Parking brake welded onto A-Pillar
Windows and doors reinstalled
Sealed c-pillar floor area with expanding foam to cut down on dust intake

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I hope you bitches had a Happy St Patrick’s day!!!

Pitted for my friend’s 1/2-1600 car at the MORE race this weekend, and my 9 Month old daughter attended her first dezert race. Worked on race cars, got dirty, ate corned beef and cabbage, dressed my progeny in green and made a good attempt to win the “holiday spirit dress like a drunk Irishman” award or whatever the fuck it was called, drove home, got ice cream. Good day.

Torrid Mobza action:
Hours: 8
Breakfast: egg & homemade chili burritos
Beers: 5
Lunch: corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes
Tools: MIG, TIG, Prasma Cuttel, 4.5” grinders, BFH, #7 drill, 1/4-20 tap, step drill, paint, 2-post lift, earthquake impact, hand tools
Footwear: Flip Flop season!!! Fucking finally.

Brent installed the front coilovers, and we quickly remembered that we never clearanced the front frame rails for the coilover springs.
I made a horizontal cut along the top outer edge of the frame rail, an obtuse triangle in the horizontal plane directly behind the cut at the top of the frame rail, and a vertical cut down about 2.5”. I pounded the remaining triangle ears in towards the obtuse triangle, then welded it back up. Like so:

Welded reservoir tabs for front coilovers, painted the front cagework, and installed the hood prop.

Adjusted preload in the front coilovers and took a guess at the dual-rate secondary spring stopper location.
Springs: 6” 500lb over 16” 500
Motion ratio: 1.74
Preload: 1.25”
PSI: 200
Clicks out from closed on the resi clicker: 4
Secondary stopper: 2” above coil separator at full droop(forgot to check it at ride height)
Front travel is 16.5” if I remember correctly. 3/4” Less travel than the kit I botched together a couple years ago, but the geometry isn’t shit, there is minimal-to-zero bump steer, the spindles aren’t bullshit Fabtech cast pieces of shit, and the motion ratio is better—it was 2.16 before...

Rear has approximately 8” up travel at ride height and 6-7” droop with 200 psi in the rear 2.5x16” 2-tube bypass shocks. Rear travel is around 15”

The Mobza lives! Victory lap around the yard:

Evicted!

Brakes still feel spongy after a thorough bleeding, so we will have to check the ABS elimination fittings and the master cylinder since it sat dry for a couple months.

We also affixed the license plate, hooked up the radio antenna, welded silly silicon bronze nubs on the stainless steel intake tube so the hose clamps can’t slip off, and installed the fucking shitty front fenders.

Extolling the virtues of my newly acquired beat-to-shit Knaack boxes to my baby daughter. She thinks they are fucking dope as hell. And @84projectford reminded me that I need to stop fucking cussing around my daughter. Fuckfuckfuckityfuck!

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Ha! like you or i will stop that shit :LOL:

Why the hell didnt it immediately hit the "turdblow off road backyard course?" coming straight the fuck out of the garage? Shits like building an engine, break in is "start it, look for leaks, put a decent tune in and rape the fucker from the get go".

Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Ha! like you or i will stop that shit :LOL:

Why the hell didnt it immediately hit the "turdblow off road backyard course?" coming straight the fuck out of the garage? Shits like building an engine, break in is "start it, look for leaks, put a decent tune in and rape the fucker from the get go".

I was hoping for the same shit... high fiving locals on that backyard "zoo road", brah!

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I was hoping for the same shit... high fiving locals on that backyard "zoo road", brah!
Esteemed colleagues.... wait fuck that noise.... Dude broseph brochacho brohymn bros! Saaaaahhhhhhhh!

Are these the shenanigans you’re referring to???

I am getting pussified in my old age, so we tore out the brutal yard whoops and build a rock crawl old man rig obstacle instead:

I’m just kidding. I love beating the fuck outta trucks!!! We learned that it is exceedingly difficult to make accurately shaped whoops with a skid steer. The ones we made, and subsequently deleted and covered with gravel, were shaped like fucking ski jumps or something.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds