Revamping the old 83 pickup with the tweaker cab!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

itsmassari

Apr 14, 2014
Well been moving slower than i anticipated, but finally close. Tonight i plan on attaching the intake manifold and all the remaining parts in hope of dropping the motor in by the end of the week.

I need a new carb, and want to put in an electronic ignition system. Any recommendations?

Attachments

itsmassari

Apr 14, 2014
Biggest improvement to those is fixing the distributor. Ditch the vacuum advance and limit the mechanical advance to 22*. Run 10* initial and 32* total. Same thing LC does. I can walk you through it.
I’d Absolutly be up for that. Kinda new to carbs and carb tuning etc so I’d love to see what you recommend.

The carb it came with is kinda shitty hence wanting to get a better one just don’t know if it’s worth getting an OeM replacement or a Holley or something else.

I’m your opinion is an electronic ignition not worth it?

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
I never used anything other than a good coil. It would support 8500RPM.

I had the best luck with a Holley 350 2 barrel with a few mods.

Webber did not like to be off camber, would stumble an die on the side of hills.

Dual side drafts made the most HP on top but were always needing adjustment. Holley made more power low to mid range.

If you could find one of the old Cannon Holley manifolds that would be the hot set-up. I not an adapter to the stock manifold works pretty well.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds