Shop lighting

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
I saw a 4 foot led strip that attaches to the inside of a roll up door and it turns on when the garage door is open. Seemed like an awesome solution to the dark area under an open garage door. I want to try one out myself!

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I saw a 4 foot led strip that attaches to the inside of a roll up door and it turns on when the garage door is open. Seemed like an awesome solution to the dark area under an open garage door. I want to try one out myself!
That would be cool! Like a gravity switch like the lights under hoods

Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
i made some brackets that mounted on the roller trac of the garage door that held a thin wall (i think .050) 4130 tubing. i then mounted 2 4' led lights to it. just clears the arm for the garage door opener. lights way out in to the driveway.

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
I dunno about headlamps. It's too often I'm using safety glasses plus a paint mask for grinder dust, face shield for wire brush, ear protection, and/or welding hood. A head lamp is just too damn many accessories for my head to contend with.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I've switched to some wireless skullcandy ear buds and they're so nice. I really like not having a dangling wire while using the angle grinder lol. But yeah, glasses, earbuds, welding hood (I don't like taking it on and off as I work), and headlamps don't jive with all that stuff lol

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds