Smurfette the 2wd B2

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Oct 18, 2017
Jamul
So might be picking up some used F31 Deavers soon, really would like to keep the ride height below 4” though. Can this be achieved without flipping the hangers? Wouldn’t a longer shackle with the stock hanger result in a lower ride height? Or would that force the leaf pack into an undesirable wider arc? Still planning to run the 10” shocks I have with longer mounts under the bed, and an Expo 8.8.

Oct 18, 2017
Jamul
Here's what a BII looks like with F31's flipped shackles and 33" tires. I think he moved the hangers back and longer shackles which helps with the way the leafs cycle.

Haha that’s funny I just messaged him on Instagram asking about his setup yesterday. Giant hangers and 6” shackles if I remember right

Oct 18, 2017
Jamul
Had an idea for no apparent reason.. my last two brain cells eek out useful stuff sometimes. What if I run the F31’s in a spring under configuration instead of spring over? Stock I’m spring over, but since I’ll be swapping to an Expo 8.8 and Expo’s are spring under, couldn’t I theoretically leave the stock Expo spring plates and end up with a lower rear ride height? I’ve seen Expo’s with spring under Deavers that seem to work well, so why not?

chewy0288

Mega Member
Dec 11, 2011
near sacramento
Had an idea for no apparent reason.. my last two brain cells eek out useful stuff sometimes. What if I run the F31’s in a spring under configuration instead of spring over? Stock I’m spring over, but since I’ll be swapping to an Expo 8.8 and Expo’s are spring under, couldn’t I theoretically leave the stock Expo spring plates and end up with a lower rear ride height? I’ve seen Expo’s with spring under Deavers that seem to work well, so why not?
I imagine your spring mounting width would be too narrow, to fit on the factory perches, I know rangers are. And I think you will also run into clearance issues between your axle:frame and differential:floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds