Soild body mount

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
cab is moving because of the frame flex. If you remove the rubber body mounts and replace with solid now the cab floor will flex and crack to shit. Leave it as is until you cage it. then solid mount everything.

Sep 23, 2018
camarillo
cab is moving because of the frame flex. If you remove the rubber body mounts and replace with solid now the cab floor will flex and crack to shit. Leave it as is until you cage it. then solid mount everything.
Damn Chevy frames ..... I completely boxed in the whole back of my frame and did frame plates all the way up front . You don’t think the urethane Would be any better?

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
is your bed hitting the back of your cab near the rear window?? if so thats frame flex caused from the shock mount leverage on your bed cage. the only way to counter it is a full cage unfortunately, frame plating never works. i had a buddy put solid ones on a truck with no cage and they ripped the sheet metal and punched through the floor. when i caged my truck i tied the cage to the cab as most do and ran stock body mounts and it NEVER moved. i had 4 tubes comin out the back and two through the front and there was never any cracks.

Sep 23, 2018
camarillo
is your bed hitting the back of your cab near the rear window?? if so thats frame flex caused from the shock mount leverage on your bed cage. the only way to counter it is a full cage unfortunately, frame plating never works. i had a buddy put solid ones on a truck with no cage and they ripped the sheet metal and punched through the floor. when i caged my truck i tied the cage to the cab as most do and ran stock body mounts and it NEVER moved. i had 4 tubes comin out the back and two through the front and there was never any cracks.
It has it done it in the past before I did my bed cage and all my frame plating nothing after that .

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds