Sort of like a Jeepspeed XJ

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
I've have several off road trucks in the past, 85 Toyota pre-runner with 3 link, full cage, custom a arms, full cage etc. 74 Blazer, and a few other Toyota trucks.

Those toys have been gone for years now. I now have a young son and needed something that can fit 4 people and go on adventures.

I picked up this 97 XJ with 124k miles for a bargain. Salvage title due to the dented door/fender/rocker. It has the typical 4.0/AW4/231 combo with the 8.25 rear end.

The build plan is a do it all adventure rig with some Jeepspeed go fast thrown in.

Front suspension:

I'm building a 4 link with panhard bar with Ruffstuff parts. Keeping the D30 but adding WJ brakes/steering etc. 5.5 Deaver springs, King 2.5's and prothane coil inserts.

Rear suspension

Deaver G9 springs with King 2.5's through the floor and 2.0 2" bumpstops

Other details.
Full Ruffstuff frame reinforcement, T&J interior cage, home built bumpers and sliders. 35" tires, 4:88 gears.

Progress is slow and with a full time job and a young son, I only really get to work on it once a week.

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Knuckles all finished

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Knuckles all finished

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Getting the front end one step closer. Setting up the lower spring mounts, bumpstops and track bar/track bar mounts. It's getting there slowly.

Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Any plans to gusset the C's on the axle tubes?

Love the build and this is the exact thing I'm going to be going for next,

I think I'll be keeping it a bit easier thou with the 6.5" REnlong arm kit with springs, got quoted $1560 for the kit so for the price it's almost just easier then building something

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds