Sway A Ways

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
So I am about to have my Fox's valved and rebuilt. My Father in law has Stay A Ways on his Manx and wanted them done at the same time. I was talking with the shock guy and he was saying it is hard to get parts for Sway A Ways because they were sold off and bought by a new company not interested in the off-road scene anymore. I did a little internet digging and it looks like AFE bought it in 2015. BUT it also looks like you can still buy new shocks and all that so I thought I would ask.

Has anyone else had issues with parts or rebuilds on their sways?

Jan 19, 2010
Woodland Hills, Ca
Rumor that i heard, mostly Chinese out sourced now. not 100% on that, but what ive been told.

OG Sway Away is too small of a company to handle the overhead. Basically run solo by the same guy since 1967 or so.

AFE power was able to pay for, stockpile, and warehouse the minimum batch runs for various shock components. parts add up with all the different shock options available.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
OG Sway Away is too small of a company to handle the overhead. Basically run solo by the same guy since 1967 or so.
So much wrong with that I'm not even sure where to start.

Swayaway had plenty of capacity to make the shocks. There was just not enough money in it to keep doing it , hard to do battle with King and Fox. AFE made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Swayaway bought Kuster in 94? Then proceeded to make changes to lower the manufacturing costs. Pretty much ruined Kuster.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds