The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Soon I'm gonna be in need of some shocks.
I'm sourcing the front beams off an 84 2wd ranger that I'm gonna build into equal length
And a 10in floater rear end out of a Ford delivery van

I'm thinking some 16x2in coilovers for the front...
And some 16x2.5 or 3.0 3xBiPass shocks for the rear.

Anyone have a good used set laying around they are looking to sell??? Preferably valved for a ranger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
I would do 2.5 in the front if you could swing it. 16 might be a touch tall but people have done it.

Have you considered a different beam end since you are building your own kit?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
I want to start with a 2.0 CO up front because as i get more money id like to put a BiPass up there as well.
I'm doing the Ranger beam end cause that's what i have access to right now (Also my buddy has a 91 explorer and has been running stock 2WD spindle and brakes with no problems for over 10yrs).
Ive seen some amazing work on this Page as well as RaceDezert with guys and the custom billet ends and such. One day ill get to that level.

That being said, I Would rather have 4WD Beam ends off a fullsize.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
I want to start with a 2.0 CO up front because as i get more money id like to put a BiPass up there as well.
I'm doing the Ranger beam end cause that's what i have access to right now (Also my buddy has a 91 explorer and has been running stock 2WD spindle and brakes with no problems for over 10yrs).
Ive seen some amazing work on this Page as well as RaceDezert with guys and the custom billet ends and such. One day ill get to that level.

That being said, I Would rather have 4WD Beam ends off a fullsize.
just so you know, the extended and collapsed lengths of larger shocks change compared to the 2.0 so you may have to redo your beam or cage mounts (or both) to make a larger shock fit depending on how you do it.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds