The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
So uhh, you are building down tubes to bed cage/rear bumb with cab off? That means you will have to cut slots to put cab back on...
Yeah, I figured while I'm cutting up the original cab and can access everything to finish 360 weld it I'd get it down now. I just hope I don't have to hack the donor cab to much to get it on. There's gonna be some sheet metal work for sure. I've been studying your work on yours as well to get ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Had a very interesting conversation with the lead tech inspection person from NASA ( rally Sprint and stage rally association that races in my local area) this morning. He told me that my cage is illegal and would not be passed through tech by him.
I know most off-road racing desert trucks as well as trophy trucks are built the same way I did mine.
What are y'all thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 31, 2010
Simi Valley
The kick in on the lower section of the b pillar hoop is probably what his concern was. It would be better to have those tubes land to a sub frame, or outriggers. There are a lot of trucks done the way yours is though, as it frees up space for 4 links and exhaust.

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds