The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
VenTurA 805!
I think you want to allow for the springs to lose arch so maybe make the shackles a 0.5” or 1” shorter than the above number from equation. Also the above equation sounds similar to how ive heard of going about this. Measure eye to eye of unloaded leaf pack. Then measure shackle mounting bolt hole to front leaf hanger mounting bolt. The difference is max shackle length so that the pack does not bind at full droop.. then like i said go a little shorter since the pack will lose arch.. Also a longer shackle will decrease negative arch with more bump travel since its taller.. But you need to get those drop hangers bolted up first.. also I read on here that your shackle should never point lower than your front hanger bolt when setting up droop/limit straps.. not sure the reason behind that though.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Don't listen to that ^^^

Basically what partybarge said: It's better to err on the side of having longer shackles. The longer they are, the more arc travel they have, and you don't have to worry about your springs binding. Make them too short and you'll bind.

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Don't listen to that ^^^

Basically what partybarge said: It's better to err on the side of having longer shackles. The longer they are, the more arc travel they have, and you don't have to worry about your springs binding. Make them too short and you'll bind.
Cause they would fold to far forward right?
I read it as adding an inch to the shackles.
I'll just have to set it up and make a lot of adjustments till I get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
So after some rain and a crappy schedule the last few weeks I
Got a good bit of work done today! Aaaaaaaand the neighbors keep walking by telling me truck is looking good.
I think they are trying to encourage me so I'll get it done and they won't have to look at it!

You can see it's got a decent 17in of travel. The rubber bumps will eat up about 2in of that.
the drop shackles never showed up...

So I did a little improvisation, temporary permanent Fab. It allowed me to move the shackles all around to find the best position.
Ended up 3.5in down and about half way between the original mounting holes and one hour back.

And boxed the upper mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds