The DangerRanger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Hell yeah dude! It’s coming along nicely. What are your plans for strengthening the shackle drop hanger plate?
As of right now... Temporary permanent fix is gonna be

Two triangles made of the same 5/16 as the plate, with some tube place in the frame channel above it.
The bumper and tire carrier will be mounted in with all that with the hopes of adding more rigid.
Eventually I'll prob end up linking it???

This all may be on the back burner for a bit as I have put an offer in on a house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South

Trying this thing around the block today was so awesome! So much motivation to finish! The cops even stop by and told me they like it!

Finished off the rest of the bed cage for now.

Just Gotta rebuild the shocks.
Finish the b pillar to frame braces and patch up all the holes.
Finish weld the roof on, weld all the cage to cab gussets.
Put the dash back in.
New front window.
Then front suspension and engine!!!!

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Nice! Honestly, for what you're doing the low ride height will work way better than having more arch in your springs and a higher ride height.
Yeah man, the rear is just under 10in wider and I'm about 2in lower in the rear than level. Your totally right about it being better low than higher. Hoping to spend more time sideways than blasting whoops. Oh, and the occasional mall parking lot planter jump like @Mobzilla! Hahaha
I notched the rear... Is there anything I can do to get more up travel in the front?

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Yeah man, the rear is just under 10in wider and I'm about 2in lower in the rear than level. Your totally right about it being better low than higher. Hoping to spend more time sideways than blasting whoops. Oh, and the occasional mall parking lot planter jump like @Mobzilla! Hahaha
I notched the rear... Is there anything I can do to get more up travel in the front?

1. Fucking excellent form on the lawn roost!
2. Too bad we can’t crush mall parking lots together. The dangerranger and the mobza would form a formidable Voltron-esque snatch tractor beam.
3. I’m sure the Cops thought your truck was cool—because it is—but I sense a “we’re watching you, motherfucker” undertone...

4. If you make your front end 10” wider to effectively match the rear width, you are gonna have gobs of travel—probably 19-23”— depending on shock length and gangster lean angle. I’m guessing you will have plenty of up travel.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Exactly what brochacho just said ^^^.

Take a look at short course trucks. That's more similar to the rally racing you'll be doing, compared to desert racing (I'd imagine). What motor are you going with?

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Exactly what brochacho just said ^^^.

Take a look at short course trucks. That's more similar to the rally racing you'll be doing, compared to desert racing (I'd imagine). What motor are you going with?
Thanks brodasafas!
@turbroyoda they def gave me the 'watchingyou' look hahahaha!

@thebodj I'm gonna keep the 4cyl for now. Different race organization classify vehicles different by their eng, turbo or na, # of cylinders, and by drive rw AWD and rw.

Aaaaaaaand I started taking my shocks apart

And measured it the valving shims. Those seals inside the dust cap head thing are a total bitch!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds