The Mullet

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

chewy0288

Mega Member
Dec 11, 2011
near sacramento
Realistically I have 2 options.

1. Go back to stock steering. That solves all of the steering to track bar geometry.

-cons: It increases the severity of the steering/track bar angle. I would need to buy a 4th pitman arm and tie rods, because mine is already reemed for the larger tie rod. Or have the drag link reemed to match the pitman. And it doesn’t look as cool. :cool:

2. Make a bracket thats a bit unorthodox. Weld a good section to the axle tube, and utilize the original bolt to combat the leverage on the raised side of the mount. Made another detailed CAD drawing to illustrate.
-cons: strength maybe?

Welded section is illustrated by the blue marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Plainfield, CA
10 or 15 years ago Mike and I had a bronco 2 we put an early bronco straight axle under, we kept the lower track bar mount and made an upper mount from something ruff stuff had on the shelf. As far as the steering I forget what we did but we arc welded that bitch together in my Dads barn in Williams and wheeled the shit out of it on the Rubicon for a couple years. If he doesn't chime in hit him up maybe he has pictures or pointers. It was very simple and functional but I have burned a lot of brain cells since then so its fuzzy.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds