The NEW Harbor Freight Thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I use a HF notcher also. It's ok. Definitely not in love with it, but not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I use it in a drill press so I dont have to worry much about the bushings.

The electric belt file is seriously my favorite purchase, though. I use it all the time for removing paint out of tight areas before welding, to deburr the inside of tubes...

https://m.harborfreight.com/53-amp-...r-62863.html?utm_referrer=direct/not provided

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
call me crazy. but i love my HF notcher haha. good to know about the wrenches though. this thread couldnt have came at a better time as this past weekend i started buying some tools to have as a designated set to live in the truck haha
Same, I'm upgrading or adding to a lot of my hand tools right now. Look into Tekton tools on amazon. Good prices, and good quality tools. They are just a seller who gets tools from all over, like harbor freight. But they are much more picky on who their supplier is, so you end up with higher quality tools. They also have very good customer service. The guys on Garage Journal rave about them. I only have their 1/4" torx set

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
Funny you should say this.
My brother in law asked for a Tekton 3/8" torque wrench for xmas. I saw it like $34 and know he's picky about stuff, so I put 2 in the cart and go one for myself. After receiving it, I was quite happy with it's quality overall (not just for price).

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
When I built my new garage I bought all new hand tools and got pretty much everything tekton makes about 1k in cost I am pretty darn happy with everything I got I was looking at the HF hand tools with the life time warranty and it really wasn’t worth the hassle and ended going with the tekton I am going to buy another 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 full set to put in my prerunner to carry for races and they come with great cases to hold them too.

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Has anyone heard anything about their portable bandsaw? Swag had a post on IG mentioning it as fine for a garage fabber, but I'm not convinced yet. Really want a portaband soon though.
415A3192-E6B0-4401-9E03-7281C9E75F9A.jpeg

It’s loud, but mine is very useable. With Morse blades, it chews through plate and tube. It one of my most used tools. I built the stand out of stuff in my garage.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
On a related note, I just got one of the swag tables to use with the milwaukee deep cut saws and I can't get it level, the table is cocked the wrong way to use the leveler, has anyone ever had that issue before?

Sean

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds