The NEW Harbor Freight Thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
How loud are we talking, it's gotta be less than a cutoff wheel or chopsaw, right?

Looking for tools to work in my apartment garage without annoying my neighbors, guess I'll have to buy one and be ready to return it.
Quieter than a chop saw or cut off wheel for sure! But louder than it should be for 2 wheels being spun by an electric motor. It’s more of a dull groan than the shrieking of a chop saw/cut off wheel.

Feb 8, 2008
I actually bought the new Tig welder they have For the 700 bucks or whatever it was I am extremely happy with it. I dont tig weld very much which is why I didn't want to spend a lot and it does everything I need it to do.

willis fab worx

long time member
Aug 8, 2013
surprise az
Not harbor freight but I bought my porta band on Craigslist for like 75 bucks and made a base plate that slides into a tube that is welded to the end of a table, that way it takes up less room and is easily removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can see it in my pic above, I did get the harbor freight foot pedal and put it on the porta band so I can control it with my foot and not a on off as soon as I plugged it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Anybody run their Vulcan brand MiG welding wire? I’m about to need a new spool. Been running Blue Demon, but it’s not amazon prime anymore.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I run radnor wire or prostate or whatever welding shop has. I had to run some Vulcan wire when I ran out of a weekend. Didnt notice any difference other than price per lb was almost double my airgas supply cost.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds