TRIVIA: Who made these mystery shocks?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I picked these gems up at the LeDuc Swapmeet a couple years ago. Does anyone know their origin or have any info or history on them? I’ve since seen a couple sets around including a pair on Clist that the dude called “internal bypasses.” Mine are not internal bypasses. (And I doubt his were...)

Any info (and shit-talking) would be cool.

I plan to go to O-Rings and Things and get seals, snap rings, wear bands, etc, then throw them on my son’s brotastic BRO-HO-Slaying BEAMkota with the “hanky oinks” I just picked up at the Swapmeet on Saturday night.

Pictures:

And they appear to be sway-a-way shafts...
Hahahaha

xxxx

Jan 5, 2014
that shit look clapped i cant imagine usin em. the ingenuity of every turboyota thread is 100

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
He made a lot of those. The old Herbst TT had them on it when Jimmy Smith had it built. Simon and Simon TT and many pre-runners. I believe the hay hauler also had them.

There were also ones with 1 piece aluminum bodies.

Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
Thanks, I think!

The amount of laughter in the dezert is not predicated on the color of your shocks or how much rust there is on the bodies.

Old shocks are cool. ESPECIALLY on older trucks.
I actually like the patina on my shock bodies! Matches the rest of the truck... It won't win a show and shine event but it seems to get noticed.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds