Tube chassis silverado

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Cliipz93

Jun 23, 2013
Imperial valley
Bought my truck about 2 years ago. Had a cst long travel kit smooth bodies in the rear. Drove it for a good 2 months and decided it needed a roll cage. Had it done south of the border, and was a complete hack job. Took it to a guy locally gave me a good price to take out roll cage, center mount my truck arms, spindles new roll cage but it never happened. Excuse after excuse guy had it in his shop for a good 8 months only taking out motor and tranny and to top it off took him a good 3 months to give me back the money "he needed" for my truck.
Decided to clean it all up. Taking out everything stock and starting from scratch just leaving the cab itself. (The most expensive cab ever).

I've been stocking up on parts for a good 2 years or so. Got a 1 piece clip and bedsides from fiberwerx. Bulkhead that I bought at the swapmeet for a good deal.
6 on 6.5 geiser hubs
2.5 14" king coilovers
3.0 18" quad bypasses
6 Robby Gordon beadlocks on 39" projects
Camburg housing with 4link pockets and 2.25 snouts
Chevy 383 stroker

My coworker had always told me that a good buddy of his had opened a shop south of the border. Me having bad experiences I just ignored him till one day I decied to make a visit. Talked about the plans I had on my truck, had it in his shop the month after.

Right away they got to work on the bulkhead modifying it to work with the chassis.

Truck will be full tube chassis 1 3/4" Tubing from front to rear. After he's done with the chassis will be moving on to front suspension then setting up the rear suspension. I haven't taken any pics of the progress but will get some hopefully tomorrow. I'll try to keep you guys updated as much as possible.

socalmoto

Jul 10, 2008
san luis obispo, ca
PLEASE get the cage work done with 2"!!!! Even though you dont need 2" for a play truck, there WILL come a day when you want to race. Most places would allow the 1.75 but who knows in 3-5years. 2" shouldnt cost or weigh that much more and youll never regret it.

Cliipz93

Jun 23, 2013
Imperial valley
PLEASE get the cage work done with 2"!!!! Even though you dont need 2" for a play truck, there WILL come a day when you want to race. Most places would allow the 1.75 but who knows in 3-5years. 2" shouldnt cost or weigh that much more and youll never regret it.
I'm really hoping that day doesn't come. I wanted this truck mostly for play and having such a tight budget with the build itself I really can't afford racing it. But yeah you're right, down the line who knows.

Cliipz93

Jun 23, 2013
Imperial valley
GO 2", just for selling alone when the time comes. It will be way more valueable to somebody. 2" you wont regret it, do it rite the first time. Cant wait to see more pics.
Bad thing is I already bought a little over 200ft of 1.75. Floor connecting to the bulkhead and cab tubes are already bent and should be tacked on by today. I'll post up some pics later on today see what you guys think.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds