What if someone built a prerunner out of a 2020 Silverado 2500?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
honestly, its a shitty render... lol

2020-chevy-silverado-2500hd-high-country_100682065_m.jpg

I don't think the skid plate angle would be too bad on the actual truck. I also think the front end is gawdawfully tall, so no valence could help that. 2" tube to follow the contour, maybe a little bit poked out ( I prefer a main tube flush with the truck and a push bar out front). throw a valence (abs or aluminum) under the grill to fill the gap, or an LED bar would probe;y do the trick there.

and I found the original article on it, kibbe was the inspiration...

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
honestly, its a shitty render... lol

View attachment 210274

I don't think the skid plate angle would be too bad on the actual truck. I also think the front end is gawdawfully tall, so no valence could help that. 2" tube to follow the contour, maybe a little bit poked out ( I prefer a main tube flush with the truck and a push bar out front). throw a valence (abs or aluminum) under the grill to fill the gap, or an LED bar would probe;y do the trick there.

and I found the original article on it, kibbe was the inspiration...
It would probably look pretty good with those little half-bumper dealios, where the plastic is cut straight across and the tube runs along that. Similar to a 2008ish F150

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
It would probably look pretty good with those little half-bumper dealios, where the plastic is cut straight across and the tube runs along that. Similar to a 2008ish F150
I thought that at first too. Like where ther middle part comes in. But like I said the front of that thing is a brick wall. The least amount of vertical surface the better lol

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Rigid got there radius bar out first, but only in demo version. Baja's was a couple weeks later and an actual working sellable light.

Vision X only had the Cannon at that point.
We were running vision x light bars for awhile before we radiused them. I don’t think they ever put it into production though. We were sponsored by vision x and sold a shit ton of them. The bars. Not the radiused ones

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
can't tell if sarcastic or serious... hahaha

either way, I'm certainly no expert but from what Ive seen, thats definitely not the same truck posted as the 2020 2500. Mirrors are different, grill is different, bumper/fender is different, headlights are different. I know typically 1500 and 2500 share a lot of the front end components in the past, but I don't know how much is the same. most notably the fu man chu from the fender to the bumper.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds