WHAT TABLET DOES EVERYONE RECOMMEND?!?!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

04yfzkid

I are smarts
Mar 21, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
I was pretty stoked on lead nav when we had to recover the race car in the middle of the 500. Now that I know they offer classes (I think 2 days at 8 hours each), I am sold. My buddy went to it and said it helped tremendously. I tried back country navigator but with an old ass tablet and lack of knowledge, I quickly got frustrated.

There is some stationary in car video here at 7:33. Impressed with how clear it is even through the camera.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
OK. I am not an Apple fan even though I have a bunch of apple stuff. (Some how I get a bunch of stuff free). So I am getting a free iPad mini. I see 2 are running Motion X. My question is... Do I need a data plan or any of that or can I download and use the internal GPS off of data?

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
OK. I am not an Apple fan even though I have a bunch of apple stuff. (Some how I get a bunch of stuff free). So I am getting a free iPad mini. I see 2 are running Motion X. My question is... Do I need a data plan or any of that or can I download and use the internal GPS off of data?
If it has cellular, you don't need an actual plan to use the internal GPS antenna. I use a cellular model, never had an actual plan for it though with motion x, no external antenna and love it!

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I tried to run just internal antenna on my Tab 10.1 or whatever it is. Refresh rate was slow and i would miss trails often and have to turn around. Got XGPS160 - SkyPro GPS Receiver
antenna and much better now.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
I tried to run just internal antenna on my Tab 10.1 or whatever it is. Refresh rate was slow and i would miss trails often and have to turn around. Got XGPS160 - SkyPro GPS Receiver
antenna and much better now.
Ive heard that a lot with the Android tablets. Ive personally never used them, but my Cellular iPad (keyword cellular) doesn't have that issue

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds