WHAT TABLET DOES EVERYONE RECOMMEND?!?!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Just looked it up, iPad refresh rate is 1Hz so once per second. the dual receiver you posted is 10Hz so 10 times per second. other words 10x faster than the internal antenna. Not bad, and probably needed for guys that are faster than me haha. Which is something to think about when its time to purchase a new iPad.

04yfzkid

I are smarts
Mar 21, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
The ipad in the video was pretty much the nicest you could buy a year ago. Our buddy has a several year old ipad and he was running an external antenna. There was noticeable difference in how fast the newer ipad (no antenna) was updating vs the old ipad with an antenna. I was told this from said friend but wasn't there to witness how much difference it really was.

May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Bumping this thread cause i have a question for the android guys (and gal)... Ive got an idea for a new setup in the bronco but have never touched an android tablet... lol

What GPS aps are you using?
BackCountry Navigator Pro
think you have to buy the pro version but, knowing that i bought it, it cant be that expensive. haha.

now......... ive only ACTUALLY used it for its intended purpose a couple times, other than that i've played with it a bunch to try and figure it out.

Jul 11, 2005
Ventura, California
Bumping this thread cause i have a question for the android guys (and gal)... Ive got an idea for a new setup in the bronco but have never touched an android tablet... lol

What GPS aps are you using?
I'm using orux maps. Works great for what I do with it. I paid the 5 bucks or whatever it is for pro. You used to be able to use Google hybrid maps on there which is awesome to get the actual satellite image, but that has been disabled. But, it is super easy to get it back with some minor tweaking of a few certain files. They have a free one, might be worth a shot downloading it.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
im in the same boat, specially being an apple guy I'm probably more hesitant lol. But today i came across a single din unit with a 10.2" screen, and great specs. Decent reviews so far too. would be perfect for the bronco, if the map apps work on it. If not its kind of pointless for me lol. but at $450, i don't want to be the one to "try" it haha. i may pick up a cheap one running the same version OS just to see if i can get it to work

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds