Whoaaa, I must be tripping .... Project GhettoTrip. G3 Bitches.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
G3 must have heard I was handing out free labor again.... cuz this thing rolled up on Sunday. Still so fucking clean... makes me want to hurl.

He got these small ambers from Sierra LED for free when he won light bar too. Figured we might as well try and make use of them!! So, first step is to hack off the weirdness from factory frame:

At first I thought I might be able to squeeze them in the frame rail. Not quite.

I also thought of removing the mounting flange and just mounting it to plate. Problem there is they have an o-ring seal that is sealing in a recessed surface.
Another option would be to hack the ears for mounting bolts off the mounting flanges ...and just cap the frame end completely. Have a square cut in that to show recessed light... and get longer bolts to mount light thru the 6x bolts that actually seal the housing to mounting flange. I still feel like they might stick out too much and this would look strange??

So instead of hacking into lights right off the bat, I am thinking I can just scoot them up and mount a tab over top out of 3/16" and tap it.... and them make a plate on bottom to fill the void and mount the lower bolts. We'll see hot that looks first. That way I don't hack into lights.. or mess with sealing either.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds