Whoaaa, I must be tripping .... Project GhettoTrip. G3 Bitches.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
That looks cool! I actually have a cheap-o flush mount just like the one in your other post and it is embarrassingly weak. I guess that's what happens when you find them for $6.95 for two on amazon!

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Those are going to be bright as shit.
Sweet. We have the S2's for our Amber dust lights. It's crazy how powerful they are in such a small package.

He has the 30" HiPower Baja designs for the front light bar too. Thing pulls like 27 Amps or something crazy. I am assuming THAT thing is gonna be bright as shit!! Hopefully we will see around Christmas time. He has an appointment for CRB on Dec 19th I think. (to get console done, etc)

That looks cool! I actually have a cheap-o flush mount just like the one in your other post and it is embarrassingly weak. I guess that's what happens when you find them for $6.95 for two on amazon!
Thanks, I like the look too. Seems to fit perfectly in that frame rail like it belongs there. It's nice when a plan in my head actually seems to work out.

We put those cheapo cubes like 1 foot away from the ground..seriously, pointing right at the ground. Illuminated like the free harbor freight flashlights. Maybe even less. We laughed. I think my dome lights are brighter. 18 Watts of wasted power. Maybe I will stick them on my trailer or something, just to light up deck? If that will even work. LOL

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Here are finished S2 work/backup lights. Came out good. Just need to wire um in with everything else.

Hard not to get the reflection from flash in the dark garage

He drove it out to Ocotillo Wells for the New Year weekend as well...

and brought the best thing we ever found out there.

Oh and a skillet and some bacon. So that combined well with the above. haha.

And his fam came out too. This is Violet in action ... trying to figure out what I was up to...

And there are the 2x pallets he brought too. That was fun trying to get the nails out of. Asshole. LOL

It rained... and got G3 muddy for the first time I think. HA, payback for the pallets, sucker!

Next up after I get my pressure washer back... console and wiring? I feel like he will get his console done by CRB .... by about the same time I get my shit painted. Like never! (they pushed him back a second time now)

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
So, the truck got dropped off at CRB. The dash they are doing on an f100 is soooo badass. Look on instagram for pics. Hopefully they knock my brothers console out of the park like that. Not sure what they agreed upon in terms of design. Just know it's never cheap there. ahaha

And well, these just happened a week or two ago as well... so I will get to see if I can stuff these on there as is....

It might prove to be difficult to impossible being piggyback with non clockable tops. I was also told these will not convert over to remote reservoir unless we get some fittings tigged on the body. Oh boy! LOL. Haven't taken them apart to confirm that...

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Also the fitting is a 7/8-14 thread o ring fitting. I have got some heavy hex nuts before and machined a small o ring groove in it then attached a hose. I can make you 2 of those fittings if you want as well. Then get a Male Male hose made and you're in business. Shitty photo but you can see the hex adapter there. Fox and king are same.

Last edited:

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
How do you clock the top cap on these?? Enlighten me! The SAW has a lock ring.

I told my brother when he was picking them up that you should be able to convert it. I said as long as it is threaded, I bet I can find the fitting. And yea barge... I get all my fittings from Parker/COMOSO. Save money, don't need no bling!

He double checked and asked the KING tech though.. while I was on the phone ... and he said it wasn't threaded under there!! I told my brother that doesn't make sense though... cuz what else would hold that ressy on with 200psi.... the hose clamps? Uh, no... don't think it was designed that way. I said I bet it's a threaded ressy inlet with an o-ring seal. I will find out during disassembly.

^^^just like Tommy says/shows above.

Last edited:

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
you know, the last few times Ive called king, Ive got BS answers... the people working there these days really don't know what they've got, or they are instructed to play dumb... Im sure its not the case for everyone, but everyone Ive talked to recently.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds