Whoaaa, I must be tripping .... Project GhettoTrip. G3 Bitches.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
They have to machine the body so the top cap can screw on farther which will clock it. Any machine shop with a lathe can turn it down a bit. Tighten cap to check clocking and repeat until it is right.

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
They have to machine the body so the top cap can screw on farther which will clock it. Any machine shop with a lathe can turn it down a bit. Tighten cap to check clocking and repeat until it is right.
I’ve done it before with a big metal file. Just hold it flat across the top and file away going around the top evenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
ahhhhhh. Didn't even think of that. Just get it to thread in deeper..

I suppose at some point you will run out of that unthreaded area where o-ring seals... but I bet that is more than .5 turns worth of material...

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^ LOL. I don't have any fancy lathes sitting around. But, maybe I can find someone that does. Problem is you cant just say "take off .050" ... you have to take some off.. put cap on and check, and then rinse and repeat...

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
^^ LOL. I don't have any fancy lathes sitting around. But, maybe I can find someone that does. Problem is you cant just say "take off .050" ... you have to take some off.. put cap on and check, and then rinse and repeat...
na, just back the head off 1 turn from tight and measure the gap with a caliper or feeler gauges. split it by .25 if you want a 1/4 turn and so on. or back it off a 1/4 turn and measure, etc etc. what ever works best, then take the cap down and tell them you want that amount turned off it and done.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Measure thread pitch, not that hard to figure out.

I think they are 20TPI? so .050 per revolution. If you want to clock it 20*, .050/360X20=profit. Dial indicate them before you take a cut to make sure they are flat. Small chuck on the ID and a center to ram it home. Thin part off blade and your down town.

Don't fuck up, you can not go more then 1 revolution or the O-ring gets into the threads.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds