ZFG SXS build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
The day started so well.

View attachment 210743

And ended with Me up in a scissor lift dodging a 200# piece of glass and half a glass crane. Cat like reflex's to the rescue.
Another productive day at work.

View attachment 210785

I actually finished undercutting the middle of them and they are ready for heat treat. I thought I took a picture but apparently not.

After HT they will need a finish grind on the bearing and seal surface's then they will be good to go.
Damn dude! When I saw the live tooling coming in with what appeared to be a little saw or woodruff cutter(you phone camera fucking sucks per usual) I didn’t consider that you were splining your own custom axles.

Nice.
Fucking.
Work.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
90* cutter for all these splines. No wierd 60* shit thank Bodj.
The Y axis on the new lathe makes this super fucking easy. Using a vertical holder and centering the tool manually sucked balls.

I used to do splines on the mill with a rotary table. But all the ones at this place have dedicated fixtures. Not worth the effort.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
90* cutter for all these splines. No wierd 60* shit thank Bodj.
The Y axis on the new lathe makes this super fucking easy. Using a vertical holder and centering the tool manually sucked balls.

I used to do splines on the mill with a rotary table. But all the ones at this place have dedicated fixtures. Not worth the effort.
When I read Thank Bodj I was confused as to what I had said lol. I'm a little slow...

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds