Singletrack Gardener idontmindithere's Avatar

Default Glen Helen Enduro X

Think I may have bit off a little more than I can chew. Tough race.

I think tough is an understatement.
    We are monkeys with money and guns.

Quote Originally Posted by F.A.S.T.clothing View Post
    Get your facts straight idiot

Senior Memberē

looks fun for about one lap...
    w

I give you credit for even trying! I was there and that track was crazy. I could not believe how easy the pros made it look.
    It is better to be quiet and have people think your stupid,than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Reminds me a little of the endurance races. Glen Helen sure loves their logs.
    DAMN THE MAN

2wd Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by BEEZWACKER View Post
    I give you credit for even trying! I was there and that track was crazy. I could not believe how easy the pros made it look.
    I cant believe how easy the pro's made that track, there were only a couple of parts that it looked like they were having problems with. If I had the balls to take the lines they were taking it would probably have been alot easier on me and the bike plus I would have been faster but damn one screw up and your done.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc2003ranger View Post
    Reminds me a little of the endurance races. Glen Helen sure loves their logs.
    Buddy was telling me about that, they have shorter lines if you want to go over logs but they are no joke from what I hear.

Super Senior Member Motiracer38's Avatar

Wow, that looks like way too much fun. I may have to try that next time it's going down. I love technical riding.

Yeah, it was a blast! I have been meaning to do it for the whole year but kept missing it. The first round this year didn't start until July hope its not the same next year, I dont think I can wait that long.

Be sweet to have some more people racing next time, there was only 5 in the sportsman class.

When is the next race and how much was it to enter? I raced Amateur 250 in District 37 for a few years but haven't done squat in about 2. I may be down to enter the Sportsman.

The schedule doesn't show another race this year, so I am assuming next year around July since thats when it started this year.
    Glen Helen Raceway ~ Calendar & Registration

Come out here in Nov and race Amateur at the real endurocross!

Here's from July's amateur, not me, a Vegas local that races our Mran series... Practice, if you look at his youtube account he's got TONS of vids from the race both this year and last...

YouTube - 1 Endurocross Las Vegas Round #1 July 17, 2010 Open Amateur Practice
    Khris

I checked the schedule too and was bummed not to see any as well. Maybe I can actually get some practice in then, LOL. Wanna try to remember to bump this in June?

That Vegas track looks brutal. I don't think I'm man enough, or hate my bike enough.

I've always wanted to do the one in Vegas, I just might take you up on that Kris but only if you race it with me and Mike needs to do it to on the 650 lol!

The only thing that looked harder on that track was the grid that they went through. At Glen Helen they let us bypass that part, I made the mistake of hitting it in practice and it was brutal! Other than that it looked ok, at least in the rocky sections there was dirt in there. At GH it was just loose rocks, the line was different everytime you went through.

Quote Originally Posted by idontmindithere View Post
    Buddy was telling me about that, they have shorter lines if you want to go over logs but they are no joke from what I hear.
    Yup, there aren't many log sections, but the ones that are in them, they are very difficult if you aren't use to doing them. I breezed through them the 1st time i went through during the 12 hour race in 2009, the 2nd time, i ate shit i think 3 times. I think its just from fatigue though. It progressively got harder. But a lot of fun.
    DAMN THE MAN

HA!!! I'd love to see someone do the Vegas race on a 650!!!

I'd possibly even bust out the cheater bike for Vegas if I do it. I told myself I'd try entering the last 2 but have either chickened out or had a work commitment that made it not possible.

The "matrix" which is that grid section for sure looks to be the hardest part of that coarse...

Here's the Nov Vegas coarse!!!

RIDETRIALS!!! IF YOU SEE THIS ARE YOU DOING IT????

Oh, and my bike with the numbers, cheater bike behind it... ('04 KTM 200MXC. It's a feather compared to my 300 and it's got SUPER soft suspension which would probably be great on that coarse!)

Chick bike but it's in my garage!!! LOL Possession is 9/10ths of the law right?

Last edited by sirhk100; 09-21-2010 at 07:50 AM.
    Khris

Gimme that 200 and I might enter it, lol...But dude you know im still bikeless...and jobless. Along with FT student status. Tough to pull off...

That 200 is a badass bike!!! It's technically "mine" right now. LOL I may actually take it out for a day ride this weekend without her knowing! It's a little soft for the Nev. deserts but on the paulden loop this weekend it worked great. BTW, She rode both the long loop and the short one down that beat to shit rocky wash. That one found her breaking point/limits but she made it! There was some cussing though! LOL Oh and the middle picture is from 7 mile gulch on Thursday...
    Khris

Figured that was 7 mile. Bout nearly died coming over the crest on the trail that goes up just to the left of that pic. Apparently the FS though it would be a good idea to build huge trenches going up that hill but neglected to warn people coming over the top WFO about them...There is some fun stuff out there though, nothing too tech either. Looks like ya'll had a good time.

I can get through anything on my 650, just takes a bit longer, well way longer
    If you really want a challenge race the Tecate enduro in dec. the hardest 100 miles you will ever ride!
    I am done racing, I just want to have fun on my scooter and enjoy the ride
    I will pit and drink beer for you guys though!
    Mike
    chink or die 200cc 3rd world moto adventures
    TBH

Quote Originally Posted by RideTrials View Post
    Figured that was 7 mile. Bout nearly died coming over the crest on the trail that goes up just to the left of that pic. Apparently the FS though it would be a good idea to build huge trenches going up that hill but neglected to warn people coming over the top WFO about them...There is some fun stuff out there though, nothing too tech either. Looks like ya'll had a good time.
    If you take off from there, down the main trail, across the cattle guard, etc... I think it's the 2nd left single track trail the has that pretty agressive climb that's really deep and rutted out. Yeah, she impressed the hell outta me!!! Made it to about 5 feet from the top of that BIG ass climb before stalling it!!! Started the bike up and climbed to the top. I completely pushed her past her comfy point a couple times riding out there over the past couple days but figure it'll just make her better on the easier trails we have around here in Vegas.
    Khris

Ok, new schedule is out for 2011 at Glen Helen and if I am reading it correctly they will now have Enduro X practice. I dont see any races listed so they may announce them as they get closer. The first practice will be on the 6th of January! Looks like I need to start getting in shape.
    Glen Helen Raceway ~ Calendar & Registration

Also, they have added one more this year on the 22nd of December.

I was at Glen Helen yesterday and saw the factory Kawi guys practicing. Insane is all I have to say.
    It is better to be quiet and have people think your stupid,than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Thread Information