Default how hard is it to transfer a AZ plated bike to CA plates?

tell me peeps.

when i did my truck i bought in arizona all we did was fill out a paper at the bank the guy had the loan for and the sent it to the dmv. then you have to take it to a california dmv and get it inspected and make sure it passes california laws and then get ur plate. it really wasnt as hard as you think it would be. but then agian a bike could be different

I got a dirt bike from NV registered in Cali. Cost me like $250 and had to get it inspected. But it ain't bad

from what i have heard latley if it was a dirtbike not intended for road use most states are really cracking down on it and even taking previous issued plates back, now this i just a rumor but if you can get a title that nowhere states that it was privously an ohv you may be able to get by and maybe having someone inside the dmv to help with it could get you around it but thats just what i've been hearing from friends that are trying to do the same as you
    "opportunity is missed by most people because people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"
    "We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have now done so much for so long with so little, we are now capable of doing anything with nothing."

That's what I figured. I'll stick to getting a ca bike. Thoughts on this?

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/3075568341.html

My quad was salvage title in Arizona. All I had to do was bring the quad to the DMV with me, sit in line, have the guy go through the paper work, walk outside and check everything out(VINs mainly is what they are looking for).

Thats about it. was pretty simple and took maybe 2 hours tops.
    22RE Master Tech
    Got boost?
    "this is an 81 Honda... How dare you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen_Cox View Post
    Hooker travel is the bastard child of the offroad world. devide by 0 to get the true travel numbers.

OG Member

Get AAA, they will handle all the details. Dont waste your time with the DMV, Believe me, i just went through this headache with my dirtbike that is ca registered, i had the title for it to (ca title). However, it was out of the dmv system for years. Had to go to the dmv, then they sent me to the chp. Absolute nightmare. Make sure that the bike you are buying is curently registered, and there is a title, make sure the numbers on the frame and engine match the title. If the reg is out of date, they (dmv) will want to inspect the bike for the following: Engine serial #, vin # on the frame. If for any reason they cannot find either of those, they will not process any paperwork and send you to CHP. It used to be, that you could buy and sell things with a bill of sale and there were no problems. However, things have changed alot withing the past 6 yrs.

There has been a huge string of thefts for the following ohv's: Dirtbikes, quads, buggies, rails etc... The dmv and chp are really strict now.

Quote Originally Posted by fabtechprerunner View Post
    Get AAA, they will handle all the details. Dont waste your time with the DMV, Believe me, i just went through this headache with my dirtbike that is ca registered, i had the title for it to (ca title). However, it was out of the dmv system for years. Had to go to the dmv, then they sent me to the chp. Absolute nightmare. Make sure that the bike you are buying is curently registered, and there is a title, make sure the numbers on the frame and engine match the title. If the reg is out of date, they (dmv) will want to inspect the bike for the following: Engine serial #, vin # on the frame. If for any reason they cannot find either of those, they will not process any paperwork and send you to CHP. It used to be, that you could buy and sell things with a bill of sale and there were no problems. However, things have changed alot withing the past 6 yrs.

There has been a huge string of thefts for the following ohv's: Dirtbikes, quads, buggies, rails etc... The dmv and chp are really strict now.
    i bought a frame from some dude on ebay with pretty good reputation had alot of stuff on their for sale as well other frameslong story short gave a bill of sale went to AAA it wasnt on the system they said AAA doesnt want to bother to go to the dmv and they have to put on the system.so does that mean i have to get an inspection or verification,do i have to put the whole bike together and im not sure but i think the quad came from arizona he couldnt get a hold of the person who sold it to him but he gave me a bill of sale with his name what can i expect or what should i expect ?

No mas llores, mija ElGringoLoco's Avatar

Sounds like you got hosed, try returning it to the seller
    There's a 99% chance the post above was sarcastic. Calm down, and quit crying.

im gonna give it a shot if ot im gonna contact the guy and get it over with

Thread Information