Well, I have had a couple people tell me to post this build up on this site, and I finally gave in. I am getting close to getting the SAS done, but there is still much more I plan on doing to the truck. I will post up pics and info from beginning to where it is now.
Here is the truck nicknamed "D-Ranged" when it was all stock except some rims
Here is the truck after i finished the D44TTB and 9" Swap and added the 35's
Here is D sitting at Loftis Motorsports with the TTb still in.
A front view with the diff removed but the arms still in place
A pic of the rear
Here is a picture of the new axle that is going in
The coilovers im using. the springs are 300/450
Here is the pic with the front end stripped. Sorry the pics are so bad, my camera was in Kentucky so i had to use my phone. All the TTB stuff is gone and out of the way
Front axle mocked up
got the pictures of my Ballistic Fabrication parts. A big thanks goes out to Dave for helping me out with the order. I got the D44 cover, the Ballistic 3.0 joints and the adjustable tracbar mount.
Here is the front axle set under the truck.
The mount and Ballistic joint all tacked up
Here is a look at one of the top tubes. Notice the bend angles. Plenty of room to turn the tires, plenty of room for upward and downward travel. Notice that the rockslider is in the way. They are being cut off and remade later.
The locker ready to go back in.
Here is D sitting on the ground. The front have jackstands
The arms are in place
Here is a look at the driveshaft and pinion angle
4/21- Engine cage has been started. Coilover is mounted. Here are some pics. They are kind of crappy because they were taken with my Iphone, but I promise i will get some good ones once the cage is finished.
the coilover mounts are tacked to the backside of the knuckle. Once they are finished, i will get some pictures up.
The tube on the right is tacked in, the other two are just sitting there as mock ups. The coilover tabs haven't been put on yet.
Here is a good look at the arms. They still been to be boxed in, but man they look kick ass
---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------
Got the ol gal on the ground. This thing is huge. The distance between the axle and frame is 14". From center of the hub to top of the arch is 34". It still will settle out a bit, so it should drop about 4 inches up front. Enough typing, here are the pics
---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------
Brake lines, limit straps, hubs back together, drive shaft in, ready for steering and track rod
---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------
So that brings us pretty close to current. I have the steering done, but no pictures posted, they will be tonight after work. Went with a Heimed CrossOver setup. Looks awesome. The Track rod will be on heims as well. The Ballistic Cover is too close to the steering rod, so it will need to be modified.
Here is a list of what is left...
Trans cross member
gusset top of engine cage
Build battery mount, and run wiring into the cab
set the backlash and put the axles in.
Put rear shocks on
Wire everything back up and reconnect all the smog equipment
All the parts are here, we just have to get it done. We have been busting our asses to get it done for Halloween Weekend, Just keep posted. I'll be posting updates a lot here these next two weeks