1Likes
  • 1 Post By FullsizeFun

Thread: mosin nagant m44 upgrades

Default mosin nagant m44 upgrades

i have a M44 that was given to me by my grandpa, the gun in its current state is incomplete(missing some bolts/nuts, cleaning rod etc etc) so since i have no $ invested into it, i thought about replacing the wooden stock with a poly stock

such as ATI's Mosin Nagant Monte Carlo Stock

have any of yal replaced the stocks on an old gun like this before? if i can get it more user friendly and durable ill be satisfied. something similar to this Customer Image Gallery for Mosin Nagant Replacement Stock

or if yal have any other ideas for this type of gun, im all ears. not looking to break the bank, just want to have a fairly high powered rifle to shoot sutff with, so it does not have to be a nail driver ha

The hate keeps me warm. glamisrnr's Avatar

Those stocks are pretty much bolt up and shoot. Put a mount on it and drop a scope on it.
    DONT STEAL
    THE GOVERNMENT HATES COMPETITION

are they fairly durable? i figure 150bux in parts total should cover it all, just a very basic scope on top and call it a day

Big 5 has the 91/30 models on sale for $99 right now. Might go pick one up next week.
    There's a 99% chance the post above was sarcastic. Calm down, and quit crying.

Highly accurate and powerful for the price, glamisrnr will attest to how fun they are and powerful as he has shot mine, unbelievable value for the price don't know why they aren't more popular, the wood stock is quite brutal and would recommend the synthetic stock makes it look like a modern gun aswell
    1992 commander
    2001 tundra
    2003 yz250f

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton92 View Post
    Highly accurate and powerful for the price, glamisrnr will attest to how fun they are and powerful as he has shot mine, unbelievable value for the price don't know why they aren't more popular, the wood stock is quite brutal and would recommend the synthetic stock makes it look like a modern gun aswell
    The Soviets cranked out so many of them in WWII, the price will never go up. Here's a cool link on G&G about guys who have modified theirs:

Mosin Nagant Mods

Yeah my plans are to just put a stock and scope on, I was shooting corrosive rounds through it and never cleaned it though, not sure what will end up happening, worst case scenario I buy another one lol
    1992 commander
    2001 tundra
    2003 yz250f

Yeah my plans are to just put a stock and scope on, I was shooting corrosive rounds through it and never cleaned it though, not sure what will end up happening, worst case scenario I buy another one lol
    Yeah, at $100 a pop- you could buy a few and keep them for parts...

well earlier today i went over to my buddies house and we shot 5 rounds through it... holy crap it is loud! ha. the "magazine" on my m44 is miss feeding rounds so i have to single load it, and then it wont eject the round. but i may just need to snag a new spring and clean it some more.

Quote Originally Posted by urandaman View Post
    are they fairly durable? i figure 150bux in parts total should cover it all, just a very basic scope on top and call it a day
    Yeah, ATI makes some decent stuff. Most of your synthetic stocks are pretty strong.
    DONT STEAL

Quote Originally Posted by ElGringoLoco View Post
    Yeah, at $100 a pop- you could buy a few and keep them for parts...
    Yep exactly what I'm thinking, I think mosin/ak/nice pistol, is the perfect arsenal for a end of the world everyone for themselves scenario
    Last edited by Dalton92; 08-21-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    1992 commander
    2001 tundra
    2003 yz250f

All ammo your buy for a mosin is corrosive. Don't worry about it the gun has been around this long. The only way you can get non corrosive ammo for it is to buy brass cased ammo or load your own.

well earlier today i went over to my buddies house and we shot 5 rounds through it... holy crap it is loud! ha. the "magazine" on my m44 is miss feeding rounds so i have to single load it, and then it wont eject the round. but i may just need to snag a new spring and clean it some more.
    You loading them into the farthest back slot right? Best bet is to strip the gun, and I use brake cleaner/carb cleaner for all the metal parts, and go bat shit crazy on cleaning it all.
    DONT STEAL

Yep exactly what I'm thinking, I think mosin/ak/nice pistol, is the perfect arsenal for a end of the world everyone for themselves scenario
    No you need this.
    DONT STEAL

ive cleaned the gun pretty thoroughly, may need to do some rust treatment though.

ive cleaned the gun pretty thoroughly, may need to do some rust treatment though.
    also check the follower to see if it is damaged in anyway or the grooves may be messed up in the mag well.
    DONT STEAL

Quote Originally Posted by glamisrnr View Post
    No you need this.
    LOLOLOL if that isn't a wrist breaker idk what is LOL
    1992 commander
    2001 tundra
    2003 yz250f

i heard the ammo for these guns has like tripled in the past 2 months...everybodies buying up stockpiles and driving up the old surplus...
    " I suppose you want a tip for parking my car...Well here's a tip, never drink champagne out of a strippers ass in Mexico. You'll get Hep A."

i want to say its about $150 for 880 round tins... i just need to find a guy in russia and get a hook up ha ha.
    but come the next gun show out here, i will be buying 1-2 tins of this caliber, so i will save a few bucks

First off as an avid Mosin collector I would highly suggest leaving the stock on the m44 alone and making it a complete gun. Reason is because the m44's and M38's are getting harder to find in true form these days and will someday be worth a pretty penny!

But if you insist on changing it up then the monte carlo stock is nice when its all done up with a scope etc...

For me I have 2 91/30s and 1 M38 and I left them alone. 1 of the 91/30s is going to get the sniper package whenever I get motivation again to complete it. Which makes it worth alot more!!

But they are cheap guns and fun to shoot. So do whatever you want! Remeber the SKS's used to be 100 a pop and are now upwards of 400-600!!
    22RE Master Tech
    Got boost?
    "this is an 81 Honda... How dare you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen_Cox View Post
    Hooker travel is the bastard child of the offroad world. devide by 0 to get the true travel numbers.

I just wanted to bump this thread because I am highly considering getting one. Is there one to look for over the others?
    I sprint marathons.

I got mine at big 5 for $89 and they gave me the gun right then.. no 2 week wait kinda crazy its a cool gun for the price I'm liking that cut barrel and stock looka pirate gun for sure lol
    Just because your grown doesn't make you a man

Quote Originally Posted by balls to the wall View Post
    I just wanted to bump this thread because I am highly considering getting one. Is there one to look for over the others?
    Are you looking for a shooter or a collector piece?
    DONT STEAL

My girlfriend just bought me this gun

I picked up a 91/30 for 100 bucks at cabelas. Like all of my comblock rifles I refinished the stock great gun, great value.
    I'd like to put a scout scope on it and do a trigger job and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by plejdrup View Post
    I picked up a 91/30 for 100 bucks at cabelas. Like all of my comblock rifles I refinished the stock great gun, great value.
    I'd like to put a scout scope on it and do a trigger job and that's about it.
    Look into Huber triggers.

http://www.huberconcepts.com/Mosin-N...eplacement.htm
    Last edited by glamisrnr; 11-30-2012 at 04:34 AM.
    DONT STEAL

I sold mine and the guy hasn't even payed me all the money, and I sold it for 100 bucks lol
    1992 commander
    2001 tundra
    2003 yz250f

Quote Originally Posted by glamisrnr View Post
    Putting an $80 trigger in a $100 rifle just doesn't seem logical to me that's just my .02. But I would be curious about the accuracy gains if any.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.-Thomas Jefferson.__________________
    DISCLAIMER: references to idiots in my reply refers to fictional persons or persons who are not members of DeZert Rangers and should not be taken as a reference to a Dezert Rangers member, regardless of the common sense of his statements or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsentinel650 View Post
    Putting an $80 trigger in a $100 rifle just doesn't seem logical to me that's just my .02. But I would be curious about the accuracy gains if any.

If you are just dirt shooting not worth a dam, but if you like to get every ounce of accuracy out of a rifle that is possible it is another step in the process. Also mosin triggers all have a little different feel to them so it depends on how shitty you'r trigger is. I have used huber triggers in the past on rifles and loved them.
    DONT STEAL

ATI makes nothing but junk. Especially their stocks. Modify the original wood stock and you can have something like this.
    Shortened stock, Pillar and Bedded the Action, Float the barrel, Integrated pistol grip, Raised cheek piece, cut barrel to 22" and re-crown, Timney Trigger, Make a good Picatinny rail (ATI is junk), Badger Rings, USO scope, Hand load your ammo and shoot sub MOA groups. Its Easy.

glamisrnr likes this.
    Dirty Dave

Hic Ego Statio

Products~~element322.jpg

Home bullpup conversion........ ftw!!
    Biggest Mega Huck I have ever done was riding shotgun in a Honda S2000..... Thank god for AIRBAGS!!!!

Link: Home
    Biggest Mega Huck I have ever done was riding shotgun in a Honda S2000..... Thank god for AIRBAGS!!!!

Thread Information