Default desert works fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well im giving everyone a heads up if you have work done by these guys its best to double check everything they touched...... i recently had them install a camburg 5.5 kit on my ranger and they either forgot to tighten the spindle nut or just didnt do it. it was super loose and while i was out breaking the kit in it came loose and almost destroyed the snouts and bearings.... im not trying to bad mouth anyone cuz these guys are cool as hell im just telling it how it is and giving everyone fair warning and by the way it cost me 200 bucks to get towed out of the middle of nowhere...... thanks guys
    BTF Built!!!...
    and a hadley train horn for scaring dumbasses!!!!! and occasionally myself....

well you succeeded in "Breaking it in"

did you double check everything before you went out, or do you lack common sense?
    "Someone who thinks logically provides nice contrast to the real world"
    "Takes more than a 40 of King Cobra and a little hippy cabbage to make a car that bad." <-- on the topic of Dodge/Chrysler
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkypyro View Post
    Fastest way to a million dollars in desert racing is to start with 2 million.

you mean when a shop installs it theyr not supposed to make sure they went over everything?
    -Carlos
    Camburg.com

who there installed the kit?
    Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way...turn.
    SGC RACING

have you ever worked on a car or truck? do you understand anything "NEW" has to be periodically checked because they break in the second it hits the road, things come loose even after being tight...

i would figure anyone in this sport understood that kind of stuff and would have enough common sense to check everything before, especially when its a vital part of the truck which could have had a disastrous ending
    "Someone who thinks logically provides nice contrast to the real world"
    "Takes more than a 40 of King Cobra and a little hippy cabbage to make a car that bad." <-- on the topic of Dodge/Chrysler
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkypyro View Post
    Fastest way to a million dollars in desert racing is to start with 2 million.

well considering the truck hadn't even had 100 miles on it since the kit was installed and it came loose on pavement with 0 miles logged in the dirt i assumed it would be ok to travel down a dirt road an not worry about my wheel falling off..... and yes i have a shit load of common sense, which i why i normally do all the work on my truck myself but i had no free time for the next month so was forced to pay to have it done....... oh well lesson learned
    BTF Built!!!...

is this desert works in san dimas?

they moved to montclair... but yes its them
    BTF Built!!!...

have you called them to see if they will take care of the problem, rather than just logging on and hurting thier reputation?
    a wheel bearing should not come off after 100 miles though, guys.
    "I know not what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones"
    A. Einstein

wait a cotton-pickin' minute... at 05-09-2010 07:21 PM, you posted in your camber issue thread that the springs probably weren't settles in...then 6 minutes later you post this topic...??? how'd you get to the middle of nowhere, lose a wheel, and get towed in SIX MINUTES?????
    "I know not what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones"
    A. Einstein

lol

a day late, a buck short OCORtravo's Avatar

and thats the way the cookie crumbles......?
    Radflo Suspension Technology-714 965-7828
    Giant Motorsports
    Wicked Creations

my rep. was 1 mill before jodaddy23's Avatar

DR detectives in action >
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/mcmotorsports.loopclub

Quote Originally Posted by roostthemoon View Post
    Dude...there real if you can touch them.
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGASAURUS REX View Post
    I don't think they work very well because I can't STOP winning races. haha

I left my house in rancho at at 421 pm got to victorville a little after 515, then picked up my buddy and headed out east on bear valley towards lucerne. Ended up getting stranded out in lucerne called a tow truck and towed me back to my buddies house in victorville and retorqed everything. I got back on the comp afterwards and updated my other post as well as creatng this onei
    BTF Built!!!...

Wow.
    Given the opportunity I/we would have gladly come up to get and fix the truck.
    I will make no excuses And attempt no explanation but will assure that we will do our best to make rite.
    I will tell you that the bearings were tightened by a Master Mechanic with a tremendous amount of experience.
    \"i guess the fiberglass is sooo strong it descided to go it's own way without the rest of the truck\"
    the man,the myth, the legend

Quote Originally Posted by half-ass astronaut View Post
    have you ever worked on a car or truck? do you understand anything "NEW" has to be periodically checked because they break in the second it hits the road, things come loose even after being tight...

i would figure anyone in this sport understood that kind of stuff and would have enough common sense to check everything before, especially when its a vital part of the truck which could have had a disastrous ending
    uh.....he should not have to check the wheel bearings after 100 miles, they should not "come loose"

epic epic

epic=gayorangecountycoolguywannabeslang

Quote Originally Posted by half-ass astronaut View Post
    so how do dealerships work then... get a new part on a car and tell the customer to come back ever so often so the dealer can check the part, and redo that step.
    I'll always love you dad- 3-14-45 - 9-03-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@pitb View Post
    MIG welding.... giving people with a complete lack of knowledge of how to weld the ability to fuck shit up since a long time ago...

we replaced the bearings and races (at no charge) and i am going to have to say the races were not seated properly.

in no way shape or form is this the customers fault.

we own it, and will make it rite.

flame on.........

(although it would be cool if this thread died, in almost seven years of business we have never had anything like this happen, and i will do my best to ensure it never does again)
    \"i guess the fiberglass is sooo strong it descided to go it's own way without the rest of the truck\"
    the man,the myth, the legend

What more can you do at this point? I wouldn't have called AAA if I were him, I would have called you right away which he didn't. In my book you have done your part by trying to make it right, however thats just my opinion. Flame on.

File this under shit happens, but a shop can't make it rite until you let them know it's wrong. I would have called the shop first, had similar things happen, and while it sucks, it is a good way to figure out if a shop truly stands behind their work or DGAFs. No shop is immune from mistakes, but you should give them a chance to make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnbald View Post
    Wow.
    Given the opportunity I/we would have gladly come up to get and fix the truck.
    I will make no excuses And attempt no explanation but will assure that we will do our best to make rite.
    I will tell you that the bearings were tightened by a Master Mechanic with a tremendous amount of experience.
    Might I add too, wheel bearings can be tricky for the ignorant. If they are to loose...they destroy themselves. If they are too tight...they destroy themselves. Imo I think you should have called them and explained what had happened to your truck and given the boys at Desert Works a fighting chance to fix the problem before you came on here and slammed them like that. This is a small industry/community and everyone knows everyone here. So when you say things like what you said that can hurt their company more than you may know.

Haha god I love this site... Fyi desert works was the first call I made when this happened and all It went straight to voicemail... Obviously it was the weekend so It wasn't a big deal. They're cool as hell like I said before and they're making things right and to me that's all that matters. So thread killed.... Thanks guys.....
    BTF Built!!!...

I hate your sig........

Quote Originally Posted by SF@DERTCO View Post
    So what your saying is the phone knows your stupid and is tired of correcting all of your mistakes??? Is that what im getting out of this info????

Quote Originally Posted by fordboi415 View Post
    Haha god I love this site... Fyi desert works was the first call I made when this happened and all It went straight to voicemail... Obviously it was the weekend so It wasn't a big deal. They're cool as hell like I said before and they're making things right and to me that's all that matters. So thread killed.... Thanks guys.....

If you had any patience at all you could have tried calling a couple of more times or gone down to the shop because Scott is there 90% of the time. Everyone makes mistakes but let me tell you that not many companies are better at making things right than Desertworks, you just have to give them a chance. You make think it's not a big deal that you made this post but it really is when you don't give Scott a fair chance to make it right before you made it.

I'm all for calling out shady businesses/fabricators on the forums and letting other people know, but only after giving those people a couple of chances and they still fail or don't care about you or they screw you is when it's appropriate to make posts like this. Posts like this should be a last resort, and this situation is far from a last resort.
    Welding Innovations Racing
    Chino, CA

Quote Originally Posted by bajafand View Post
    if you had any patience at all you could have tried calling a couple of more times or gone down to the shop because scott is there 90% of the time. Everyone makes mistakes but let me tell you that not many companies are better at making things right than desertworks, you just have to give them a chance. You make think it's not a big deal that you made this post but it really is when you don't give scott a fair chance to make it right before you made it.

I'm all for calling out shady businesses/fabricators on the forums and letting other people know, but only after giving those people a couple of chances and they still fail or don't care about you or they screw you is when it's appropriate to make posts like this. Posts like this should be a last resort, and this situation is far from a last resort.
    amen!
    Mr. Shiny Cadillacness says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajafand View Post
    If you had any patience at all you could have tried calling a couple of more times or gone down to the shop because Scott is there 90% of the time. Everyone makes mistakes but let me tell you that not many companies are better at making things right than Desertworks, you just have to give them a chance. You make think it's not a big deal that you made this post but it really is when you don't give Scott a fair chance to make it right before you made it.

I'm gonna come at this from the opposite side of the spectrum.... I never heard of this shop before, but this thread actually would make me WANT to do business with them. May sound a lil wacky... but, shit happens... and the response from the company to said shit is what REALLY matters.

Please note the similar situation with DMZ in the crappy fab thread...
    - Double A Ron

I am going to be the first to say that the guys at Desert Works are stand up guys. They have gone out of their way to help me out when I am in a pinch. I have a lot of respect for the gentlemen who is the owner, his staff is also top notch.

Next time please think before you post.

I am glad to say that they have worked on my truck and have done an excellent job.
    -Jeb

i'll x2 fasternu, this thread will make me consider them for work or parts after the responses by them in the thread and to the situation.

Thread Information