Default sub box and amp mounting.

pretty straight forward.

looking for ideas/pictures(preferred) on how you guys have your subs and amps mounted. mines a DD so i don't want to get rid of it. i used some self tapping screws once and with vibration they came right out.

any help is appreciated.

thanks guys!
    -Carlos
    Camburg.com

HA should have bought a yota!

jk in my truck the amp is mounted on the back wall with some self tappers that go all the way through the cab and come out by the bed. hasnt been an issue.

Mount the amp under your seat with some small bolts or machine screws & lock nuts. Then either seat belt the box in if you want it easily removeable or bolt it to the floor with some Home Depot angle.
    Ranger is gone.
    But I got a Silverado for a new project.

the amp needs airflow, under the seat may work but there may not be enough airflow to keep it cool
    mounting it to the box can kill it from vibration
    put it on the wall, put up a board then mount the amp to it
    01' silverado, 6.0L swap... 3k converter...4.56...35's...uniball uppers...dyno tuned 258hp/265tq

Mine is on the back wall behind my seat and i used 4 self tapers that go all the way through the cab. Its nice to have it there cause its out of the way and out of sight. But mine is a silverado... dunno what your setup is like? I also have a box to go under the backseat. Cant tell i have anything from peeking through the window. I'd take a pic, but its about 6 big ass bolts to take my back seat out lol. Dont use any matting behind the amp though to get rid of vibrations. the amp can get hot and catch the matting on fire.

single cab ranger. subs dont fit under the bucket seats. the amp might. ill probably mount the amp to the back behind the seat and the sub with some home depot angle shit like someone said on here.
    -Carlos
    Camburg.com

ohhhhh single cab... thats a toughy. dump the passenger seat and make whoever ride in the bed lol

Something like this maybe? really shallow box. How many subs you going to do and what size?

i have a really small box with one 10. and an amp for it. ive had it in the truck for years, but every desert trip i get to come home and rewire the fucking thing cause it bounces around everywhere. i finally decided to address the issue hahahaha
    -Carlos
    Camburg.com

hahaha nice. well here is the thread i found on some other website, has some different pics and ideas.
    ====reg cab SUB/BOX HELP==== - The Ranger Station Forums

i mounted my amp to the top of my sub. then pulled the sub outta the box, screwed through the inside into the floor then put the sub back in. If that doesnt work, try 2 l brackets on each side aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by P.R.exploder69 View Post
    Willis is the most awesome person I know, ,,,,,,, and i love men

thanks for the link
    -Carlos
    Camburg.com

If your amp is a class A/B I wouldn't mount it under the seat because it will get too hot. If it's a class D then under the seat will work.

carlos... text me tomorrow...ill draw you up a thing of how i would do it.. it will stay put and not give you an issue.. if u dont mind a few holes and some work... ill get the job done... had to do set ups like this at one of my old jobs
    I'll always love you dad- 3-14-45 - 9-03-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@pitb View Post
    MIG welding.... giving people with a complete lack of knowledge of how to weld the ability to fuck shit up since a long time ago...

ftgyuj.jpg
    uyty.jpg

you can always pull your bed off and bold it through the back of the cab? i built this box for my chicks truck and you can see the nothch kinda to the left of the second pic it fits right under the steel notch of the can and the pas seat just pushes back and hold the box from moving anywhere else...

Really??? Not enough air flow under the seat? Where there is a 2"+ gap to the bottom of the seat?

Oh well I guess its better to put the amp on the box behind the driver or passenger seat then push the seat all the way back up against the amp.

Yeah I guess the amp with the seat resting on top of it will have way more air flow. You guys are fucking retarded.

I've had plenty of amps mounted under the seat. The ones I didnt I dont have any more cause they got stolen. haha. Noone's pullin the seat to steal an amp.
    Ranger is gone.
    But I got a Silverado for a new project.

Quote Originally Posted by BRYANDENNY71 View Post
    Really??? Not enough air flow under the seat? Where there is a 2"+ gap to the bottom of the seat?

Oh well I guess its better to put the amp on the box behind the driver or passenger seat then push the seat all the way back up against the amp.

Yeah I guess the amp with the seat resting on top of it will have way more air flow. You guys are fucking retarded.

I've had plenty of amps mounted under the seat. The ones I didnt I dont have any more cause they got stolen. haha. Noone's pullin the seat to steal an amp.
    I have a 5 channel class A/B in my Explorer under the seats that only puts out 120w rms to the sub. I also have a class D under the seat in my Suburban that's putting out 1200w rms and another class D (600w rms) in my Cobra mounted in the trunk. I've driven all three from CA to AZ for business and the only amp I've had shut off from over heating is the A/B in my Explorer. The only way I can keep it from over heating on long trips is to put the rear air on with it blowing under the seat to help cool the amp.

/\/\/\/\/\ agreed. guess he hasnt felt a class D amp running hard for hours with it 90* out side. my amp used to get to where i couldnt hold onto it.
    I'll always love you dad- 3-14-45 - 9-03-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@pitb View Post
    MIG welding.... giving people with a complete lack of knowledge of how to weld the ability to fuck shit up since a long time ago...

Thread Information