Default 03 chevy avalanche prerunner build

ok guys new to the forum and thought i would inform yall on my avalanche build up

motor:
    03 crank
    07 aluminum 5.3 block(switching to this shave a good 100 pounds)
    scat connecting rods
    07 flat top 5.3 pistons
    799 ls6 heads
    tbss intake with 90mm throttle body
    150 wet shot
    cam is undecided at the moment

body:
    glassworks unlimited fenders
    glassworks prerunner hood(if they still make it)
    streetscene speed grill fiberglass grill shell with shaved bowtie
    3 hella free form lights mounted behind the grill
    custom bumper in the front somethin simple
    tailgate is getting ditched and plan on mounting to 37x13.50r20 kumho mts on moto metals in the bed

interior?
    diching everything inside going with sheetmetal dash or the perry fab one
    removable steering wheels
    sheetmetal door panels
    race seats with 4 point harnesses
    and everything is gonna be on toggles with push button start and a master diconnect switch

suspension??????????????

thats were i need the help i want a wide stance but im not ever gonna jump it i live in tn no sand dunes anywhere near mostly a DD show truck

any suggestions

also any pics of begcages or avalanche prerunner will be appreciated

im also wanting to do a full race truck graphics scheme so any pics like that would be cool to

Yeah, it's like that. Cerberus2k7's Avatar

Why spray? Hell, lower comp. slugs with a nice S/C would be cooler.

And ib4gotrice
    “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” -Buddha

'im also wanting to do a full race truck graphics scheme so any pics like that would be cool to"

-that would be a solid color with stickers on it from the companies that helped you get were you are.

Also, why gut the interior, a lot of that stuff is nice to have, like arm rests and what not.

You will want to reconsider the 5 point harness unless you plan on caging the truck.

You seem more worried about the engine and how it looks so maybe just a standard bolt on lift will work for you, keep the factory interior, leave the factory steering wheel, quick disconnect doesn't make the truck cooler.

-alex
    Last edited by DezertF150; 12-17-2008 at 07:22 AM.
    Need Mexican Auto Insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by DezertF150 View Post
    'im also wanting to do a full race truck graphics scheme so any pics like that would be cool to"

-that would be a solid color with stickers on it from the companies that helped you get were you are.

Also, why gut the interior, a lot of that stuff is nice to have, like arm rests and what not.

You will want to reconsider the 5 point harness unless you plan on caging the truck.

You seem more worried about the engine and how it looks so maybe just a standard bolt on lift will work for you, keep the factory interior, leave the factory steering wheel, quick disconnect doesn't make the truck cooler.

-alex
    i gotta agree with him dood. just seems stupid

I would focus more on the suspension, If you want a good DD. Just do a cst kit or something. Maybe an upper arm and some bolt in coil overs. As far as a cool paint job. Dont spend the money if its your DD . Its just gonna get scratched sitting in parking lots and around town. Also I'm not sure if you have been in a all alum interior truck. Its not something you want for a DD. Its loud and just not as comfortable as the stock interior would be. Also if you plan on putting 4-point or 5-points in the truck I would do a cage, I know everyone says "I'm not going to roll my truck" No one plans to roll there truck $hit happens. I would leave the stock belts, that way you dont have to put 4/5 points on everytime you get in the truck. IMOP Post pics of the build though.

well im putting in a cage gonna put dynamat or somethin similiar behind it to cut down on the noise thats why i want 4 points and the fact that my seatbelts are in the stock seat so when i replace them thats about my only option
    the steering wheel is already replaced and im reworking the harness for the push button start and toggles/////////this biach is gutted and its to late to turn back try to get some photos up soon

i have a superlift bracket lift at the moment and i think 6.5in is way to high i have found some 4" spindles from cst and ill run spacers till i can get some control arms

and why spray because the simplicity of it and the fact that even a stock ls based motor can withstand 150 shot
    i must ask how i am more concerned with the motor though those are small upgrades in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jkwalkercchs View Post
    well im putting in a cage gonna put dynamat or somethin similiar behind it to cut down on the noise thats why i want 4 points and the fact that my seatbelts are in the stock seat so when i replace them thats about my only option
    the steering wheel is already replaced and im reworking the harness for the push button start and toggles/////////this biach is gutted and its to late to turn back try to get some photos up soon

i have a superlift bracket lift at the moment and i think 6.5in is way to high i have found some 4" spindles from cst and ill run spacers till i can get some control arms

and why spray because the simplicity of it and the fact that even a stock ls based motor can withstand 150 shot
    i must ask how i am more concerned with the motor though those are small upgrades in my opinion

Ok, I made it easier to read, it helps when you are trying to get a point across.

I am planning on caging the truck so running 5 (you don’t want 4 point, you will want to run a submarine belt) point harnesses wont be a problem. Plus the factory seat belts are part of the factory seats and I am installing different seats so I will have to replace the belts. I have already removed the steering wheel so I will stay with my current plan of adding the quick disconnect.

I just started reworking the harness for the push button start and toggles. I mean, golly, this truck is gutted and it’s to late to turn back. I will try to get some photos up soon to show all you cool guys what I am doing.

Currently I have a 6.5” Superlift bracket lift and I think it sits way too high. I found a set of 4" spindles from CST that I am thinking about running and then maybe I will run spacers (not sure what you are spacing) till I can get different control arms.

I chose to run NOS because the simplicity of it and the fact that even a stock LS based motor can withstand 150 shot.

If you must ask how I am more concerned with the motor I would have to say the items I mention are small upgrades, IMO.

You will find that most of the people on this web page have built there trucks for a purpose and that is to use. You will also notice that most of us are more worried about getting the safety of the truck in order and making the most out of the suspension we can afford. Once all this is done you can worry about the engine and what not. 600hp is not going to do you any good if all you can do is burn outs in parking lots, which if this is something you want to do then you are on the right track. There are a lot of well built trucks with 4 banger engines that flat out haul when the terrain is in there favor.

Build what you want to build, its your truck, however you kinda seem to be going all over the place without a real idea of what needs to be done versus what seems neat-o. If I was building your truck I would start with the suspension and a cage. Once those two items are secure I would move on to the engine and everything else. You don't have to gut the interior for a cage and you don't need NOS to go fast.

-Alex
    Need Mexican Auto Insurance?

im just asking ideals on my front suspension
    what do yall use on the siverados?
    what would be cheaper?

im not gonna jump this truck just for the simple fact i live in tn and we dont have dunes here im just lookin to get the wide stance on my avalanche

thought it would be nice to get some info on control arms and maybe some pics

Did you just say cheaper? Haha Thats the number one bad word in this sport. Just put your truck back to stock and call it a day.

www.prgproducts.com black_pearl's Avatar

im just asking ideals on my front suspension
    what do yall use on the siverados?
    what would be cheaper?

im not gonna jump this truck just for the simple fact i live in tn and we dont have dunes here im just lookin to get the wide stance on my avalanche

thought it would be nice to get some info on control arms and maybe some pics
    Being you live where you do; since you won't "need" the suspension and are more interested in the look, just get wheel spacers. A lot of people may talk shit about them, but if you aren't beating your truck and want a wide stance...get wheels with a high negative offset and some wheel spacers. This will be the cheapest way to accomplish what you are going for.

put some 14inch dayton spokes with a negative offset, some big tires (like 14.5in wide minimum) and spacers. thatll give you a wide stance and with the 14s, you'll definitely be pulling some punani...eh holmes..

yea thats what im running now i just dont know how much i trust them

Well if you dont trust your current wheel spacers call motorsport technology in San Bernardino. They have been making them for over 20yrs and are the only company I know of that makes there product in the U.S. in house and offers a lifetime warranty. I have seen wheels break before there spacers/adapters do. They are also a sema member. I have ran there product on several built trucks and beat the hell out them with no problems. For extra they will also use any size stud you want. Call Lenny at 909-514-0091. Tell him Steve sent you.

here is the kit i would run. shits got air bumps and uniballs too for mega hucking and whoop mashing.

You cant afford me SIK_kreations's Avatar

nothing wrong with wanting paint and graphics. a TON of race trucks have them.
    Please do not hit me up about doing a cheap paint job on ur dd or prerunner. http://maaco.com/ is ur friend.

**WANTED** Stock bedsides for a 07 and up GMC sierra (not chevy) hit me up before u cut your stock bedsides off for glass!!

NS OffRoad

clean-dezert.org

BMH

Quote Originally Posted by wtwcowboy View Post
    As an Avvy owner myself,That thread if Fucking rad.

As to the starter of this thread.,Where do you live?is your avvy Cladded or uncladded?Pics?

thanks/
    by Forget Regrets

The guy chasing me said something to the people in the car and I guess someone got out an kicked me in the face and fled.

its a non cladded thank god
    i live in tn
    and these are a few pics but its stripped down at the moment
    first is 39.5s the others are 37s

how i got my fenders to fit

Smile...Wait for Flash 98RangerDAVE's Avatar

its a non cladded thank god
    i live in tn
    and these are a few pics but its stripped down at the moment
    first is 39.5s the others are 37s
    Hey man, honestly the way the truck sits in this picture looks really good. I think maybe a tube bumper with 3 or 4 Hella 4000s would set the front end off nicely. Just my .02, but anyway good luck with the build.
    Truck is gone, I miss it every day.
    Guns are the new hobby. Turns out they are just as expensive, haha.
    Zombie Toolkit:
    Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sporterized / Savage rifle 10.22 / AR-15 M4 style / XD40 4" standard service / Phoenix Arms .22 Pistol

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BMH

Looks just like mine but red,lol.

What Rims,lift kit does it have on the first pic?
    by Forget Regrets

The guy chasing me said something to the people in the car and I guess someone got out an kicked me in the face and fled.

Quote Originally Posted by 98RangerDAVE View Post
    Hey man, honestly the way the truck sits in this picture looks really good. I think maybe a tube bumper with 3 or 4 Hella 4000s would set the front end off nicely. Just my .02, but anyway good luck with the build.
    yea it sits allitle bit lower now since i took the spacers out of the rear and turned the ford keys down so im thinkin i may leave it like it is height wise run spacers in the front

i picked up a t56 on the cheap so i need an axle that i can gear low and by low i mean way lower than the 5.13s avalable for my truck

so rockwell rear might be going on soon

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Looks just like mine but red,lol.

What Rims,lift kit does it have on the first pic?
    moto metal rims cant remember the number
    6.5in superlift bracke system with for keys and spacers so maybe about 8in lift total

it rode like a caddy

Quote Originally Posted by doitinthedirt97 View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    ???

who says you need dunes to jump your truck?? im sure you could find something nice to launch it off in TN.
    I would sure hate to spend all the money making it look like a prerunner and not get any use out of it.
    HCA\\HARDCOREALLIANCE//TRUCK CLUB
    EST.2000-DRUG-FREE BROTHERHOOD

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore_alliance View Post
    who says you need dunes to jump your truck?? im sure you could find something nice to launch it off in TN.
    I would sure hate to spend all the money making it look like a prerunner and not get any use out of it.
    true... railroad tracks...
    or make a jump???
    its TN they have to have something....
    logs and dirt.....

OP- dont waist your money on something you cant use, if its just for looks.
    in the end if its looks.... get the looks the cheapest way you can
    I'll always love you dad- 3-14-45 - 9-03-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@pitb View Post
    MIG welding.... giving people with a complete lack of knowledge of how to weld the ability to fuck shit up since a long time ago...

This is an old thread and the idea may be dead but if it isnt I will tell you right now address your steering. I am beeting its nearly already Fucked. Chevy steering on tahoes, avys and subs need major beefing up. Every avy on a lift kit I see at Glamis that go mashing around for the weekend trash their idler arms and nearly rip their steering box outta the frame. Easy fix before the fact, not after.

FYI nothing you do for LT on an avy will be cheap, then again no truck is cheap if its done right so let me rephrase this. NOTHING YOU DO FOR LT IS CHEAP. lol
    Brett
    2012 Toyota Taco ORD 4WD
    2002 Chevy Avalanche - RETIRED http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truck-talk/80201.htm
    Ironworks Tactical http://ironworkstactical.com/

Thread Information