Default CA temp operating permits

just to let you guys know, i haven't smogged my truck yet and went to the DMV today and was informed that starting january first if you need a temp pass they will only be issueing a one day pass (the red square ones)...........and it will also have a $50 fee.......for a day pass.......
    Biggest Mega Huck I have ever done was riding shotgun in a Honda S2000..... Thank god for AIRBAGS!!!!

welcome to california and them trying to make more money....
    thats probably the most stupid thing i have ever heard of..but thanks for telling us before we rack up money with out even knowing it
    I'll always love you dad- 3-14-45 - 9-03-2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@pitb View Post
    MIG welding.... giving people with a complete lack of knowledge of how to weld the ability to fuck shit up since a long time ago...

Shit its cheaper just to drive it around till you can fix it. $10 fix it ticket for no registration as long at its not more than six months behind. More than 6 months= automatic impound.

Quote Originally Posted by carlover View Post
    Shit its cheaper just to drive it around till you can fix it. $10 fix it ticket for no registration as long at its not more than six months behind. More than 6 months= automatic impound.
    is it that its a fix it ticket...

or its a big ticket than can be fixed....
    cuz i thought(from being in court alot of times)
    if u have regi, and its not on the car you get a ticket, but show the judge it was paid for in that time....
    and if you dont have it paid for and such you get a nice fine....

MIG welding.... giving people with a complete lack of knowledge of how to weld the ability to fuck shit up since a long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by itwassweet View Post

if u have regi, and its not on the car you get a ticket, but show the judge it was paid for in that time....
    If you dont have it, but get it by the time you go to court its a $10 fix it ticket. I got one last year and thats all it was. If you dont get it fixed its a few hundred bucks.

Im glad i have AAA they seem to be a lot more customer friendly that the DMV.

Uhh yeah that's how all fix it tickets work. They have to be corrected before a certain date or you pay a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
    Uhh yeah that's how all fix it tickets work. They have to be corrected before a certain date or you pay a fine.
    ok but my point was saying..... carlover was saying its cheaper to drive around till you fix it...
    there 4 if...its nto fixed, you cant regi it, which means you have no regi, and there 4 its not a fix it ticket, so your fucked....was my point

see ive seen it different a few times...that in court the said, oh you didnt have it on the day you got the ticket, your fucked...go pay the court...thats my point of how is it cheaper if you get rolled for not having it..
    and yes i know how fix it tickets work..had plenty of them

yes i know how fix it tickets work..had plenty of them
    pssh, you badass.

Anyways the 50$ part is true, the one day part is not.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/vi...08/08vin18.pdf

Last edited by bulldozer; 12-19-2008 at 12:10 AM.

that bitch lied to me, oh well, i'll deal with it in july when i come back from the next deployment
    Biggest Mega Huck I have ever done was riding shotgun in a Honda S2000..... Thank god for AIRBAGS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
    that bitch lied to me, oh well, i'll deal with it in july when i come back from the next deployment
    how does stuff like this work for you.....say u need 2 smog it for new regi....but your like 10,000 miles away?

well, my home state was california, but my mom moved to idaho, and idaho doesn't smog. since my truck was partially registered in ca, and i bought it here, to get the CA title i have to pass CA smog so i can take the title to idaho and register it, and they don't need a smog. fucking gay. military can register a car where ever as long as you have it in your record and have a billing addresse there. does anyone know if i get a non-op on the truck if they will give me a title?? what about a green sticker?? all i need is to get the title released to me from CA so i can register it in Idaho.....

Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
    pssh, you badass.

Anyways the 50$ part is true, the one day part is not.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/vi...08/08vin18.pdf

The one day part can be true. A temporary operating permit will be issued ONLY for the 60 days after the registration is expired. So, if your registration expired Jan 1, 2009, and you go into the DMV Aug 1 2009, you will only be given a one day moving permit. No 60 days, no temporary permit.

Tailgunner- just PNO it, and take care of it when you get home.

FYI, 5204 tickets are not for registration. It is for the physical ticket. SO, even if your reg is current, but you are lazy/dumb and don't put your new stickers on.... you will still get a ticket. My city gives 21 days only to correct a fix it ticket. After that, it does not matter if you fixed it, you pay the full amount.
    www.clean-dezert.org
    R.I.P. #7227!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpceSpff View Post
    FYI, 5204 tickets are not for registration. It is for the physical ticket. SO, even if your reg is current, but you are lazy/dumb and don't put your new stickers on.... you will still get a ticket. My city gives 21 days only to correct a fix it ticket. After that, it does not matter if you fixed it, you pay the full amount.

what im saying is.....is the ticket kinda voided if have regi but no stickers...say they are still in the mail for some reason....so u technically have it regi...
    and what would happen if u dont have it what so ever?, you dont have it, so its only $10 + regi fees to get the ticket taken care of

I am telling you- the ticket is for the stickers not being on the plate. You are given ample time to get your shit taken care of. We don't cite tags until a full month after the expired month. Meaning, I only cite vehicles with October tags. November gets a freebie until January.

Doesn't matter the status of your registration. The stickers must be current.
    www.clean-dezert.org
    R.I.P. #7227!!!!

I am telling you- the ticket is for the stickers not being on the plate. You are given ample time to get your shit taken care of. We don't cite tags until a full month after the expired month. Meaning, I only cite vehicles with October tags. November gets a freebie until January.

Doesn't matter the status of your registration. The stickers must be current.
    I have a question for you if you don't mind. I know typically a car wont be pulled over for registration less than one month expired, and a car typically won't be towed for under 6 months expired, but what if I have a temporary operating permit less than a month expired, would I still be pulled over? Could my car be towed?

When the red temp permit expires, it is like it doesn't even exist anymore. When they expire, your expiration reverts back to the registration expiration. So, if your registration expired March 1, 2008 and you had a "11" temporary permit- you are going to be towed.

Also, on January 1st, forging, altering, switching, or changing in any way a temporary permit of registration stickers becomes a felony. The date of expiration is also out the window, if you have altered documents. Say, your registration expired 10-31-08. You thought you would try to get away with using your buddies temp permit he no longer needs, that is a "12". Even though your registration is only a month and half expired, your car gets towed, and you get a felony.
    www.clean-dezert.org
    R.I.P. #7227!!!!

When the red temp permit expires, it is like it doesn't even exist anymore. When they expire, your expiration reverts back to the registration expiration. So, if your registration expired March 1, 2008 and you had a "11" temporary permit- you are going to be towed.

Also, on January 1st, forging, altering, switching, or changing in any way a temporary permit of registration stickers becomes a felony. The date of expiration is also out the window, if you have altered documents. Say, your registration expired 10-31-08. You thought you would try to get away with using your buddies temp permit he no longer needs, that is a "12". Even though your registration is only a month and half expired, your car gets towed, and you get a felony.
    I see, thanks.

Thread Information