Default 2001 ford f150 wont start. help

I have a 2001 ford f150, it has been sitting for about three months. The battery was dead so I changed it. The motor will crank over but just wont start. When I first put the key to acc all the light inside and out flash fora minute then stop. My fiirst thought was a electrical problem,but I was told,it might have something to do with the alarm and I might have to reset the alarm befor it will let the truck start. It is a alarm from ford. Anybody else have this problem? By any chance anyone know the code to the alarms?
    chris

How are your Battery cables? I had to replace my cables, was doin same thing, had battery tested, was fine, Swapped new cables, and bingo..started.
    VINCE@SDHQOFFROAD.COM
    http://sdhqoffroad.com/
    - Co-Driver #567 for the SDHQ 5-1600 Car
    OG A7X_NOCTURNAL

Quote Originally Posted by cdm4 View Post
    I have a 2001 ford f150, it has been sitting for about three months. The battery was dead so I changed it. The motor will crank over but just wont start. When I first put the key to acc all the light inside and out flash fora minute then stop. My fiirst thought was a electrical problem,but I was told,it might have something to do with the alarm and I might have to reset the alarm befor it will let the truck start. It is a alarm from ford. Anybody else have this problem? By any chance anyone know the code to the alarms?
    Is your Check Engine Light flashing? If so, you have an issue with the PATS (Passive Anti Theft System) and you will need a dealer to re-flash the ECU. If not, then you either have a fuel or an electrical issue. The fact that the engine/starter is turning over means that it is probably not an issue with your battery.

One other thing- there is a process for getting a fault code from the computer, which may tell you what the problem is. Go to www.f150online.com and search- it has been a while, but is has to do with turning the key in the ignition and using the door locks in some sequence, and then the CEL will flash a certain number of times which tells you the fault code.
    Cuama up, cracka
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
    Legalize nerfing.
    MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=78838&highlight=supercrew

ALL the lights flash for a minute or so then stop. The key lock switch isnt working either. I was thinking it was the battery in the switch.
    chris

Banned

Default 2001 Ford F-150

hi there its been a year old thread and apology for this up. i just need some help for my ford. its the same problem and i read some advice now i had a 2nd problem my 2001 ford f-150 ignition coil is need to be replaced but the problem is i dont know how to replace it. is there anyone here know how to do that? any response is highly appreciated. thanks a lot.
    Last edited by floydpo; 02-14-2011 at 05:38 PM.

which engine?
    Originally Posted by SF@DERTCO
    No matter how much shit you put on it .. Its still a dodge.

Thread Information