1993 ranger rebuild

Austinlb4

Sep 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I took out the stock panels on mine because I hated how they looked. I’m planning on putting sheets over the holes eventually. Looking good though man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garrettw

Mar 23, 2015
San Clemente, CA
Are you planning on running a bigger hub setup in the future? I had stock hubs on my stock ranger, checked them every trip and still spun bearings and broke snouts but never sheared the threads like that! That’s the main reason I went with a d44 setup on my current truck

Reactions: Turboyota

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
That's what you get for prepping. You could have had an epic story of high fiving locals with your wheel flying off and being stuck in the dunes halfway to the diner all night making friends with slack jawed rzr folk but now all you have is a picture and more work ahead of you. Lame
hahahahha fuck youre right. im gonna put it back on with rtv and call it good to go

Are you planning on running a bigger hub setup in the future? I had stock hubs on my stock ranger, checked them every trip and still spun bearings and broke snouts but never sheared the threads like that! That’s the main reason I went with a d44 setup on my current truck
yeah. hubs are the main reason i bought a new beam kit. ill be running f150 hubs when i switch to the kingpin beams this summer

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
VenTurA 805!
So how did you find that? Was it off and floating around in there or was it hanging on by a thread? And how are the male threads on the spindle? Thats why I always use the impact to tighten my wheel bearings on :)

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
So how did you find that? Was it off and floating around in there or was it hanging on by a thread? And how are the male threads on the spindle? Thats why I always use the impact to tighten my wheel bearings on :)
you use the impact?!
well i usually pack in new bearings before every trip, and planned to next week before glamis but i wanna take my truck out this sunday for a little day trip so i was just checking tightness lastnight. i gave the wheel a wiggle and it had a bit of movement so i tried to tighten the nut and it was super loose and wouldnt get any tighter so i knew something was up. it wasnt floating cuz theres a cotter pin that holds it on to the snout. the threads on the snout are fine luckily.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds