7s Explorer Revival

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
stock front bumper angle is looking tittays!
And the rear bumper... LIke this thing already.
The not so awesome 90's bumpers fell victim to the saw zaw the day after I got it. I'm ditching the stock bumpers & building new tube bumpers for the front and rear.

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
Next up was addressing the shocks. They have suffered for many years in ignorant hands! Zero nitrogen in all 4, multiple shaft caps loose, oil caked on thick, good times! Brought them over to my buddy john at Keen Shock Works. I'm assuming at one point some time was spent getting these valved to proper specs, so just a clean up/rebuild this time around, I am also going to hit the bodies with Steel-It when I get them back.

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
The wiring in this truck is pretty much all stock other than a few things that were done at one point to make it race legal. The ignition, fuel pump, & stereo are on switches, as well as the push to start. The trailer wiring harness was a highlight, along with way too many exposed live leads!! This mess will all disappear and end up in the dash, & the battery will be relocated to the rear cargo area & replaced with an AGM unit.

*note the "support" tube under the rear seat bar, lol!

There was also a tube from the engine cage to the dash bar that was completely cracked through and rattling around. Dash had to go, to get to this, and everything is all cleaned up and ready for repair.

Happy to say that it has sat on concrete for over a week now and is only leaking from the rear diff.

Reactions: zachwabbit

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
Got it all back up & running and took it in for a real alignment.

Interior is cleaned up pretty good. The blacks seats sat too high and will require cutting out/replacing tubes. I’m going to get some dirt miles in before I dive into that project.

Last big thing on the list is to replace the bent rear axle housing.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds