Chop Shop Builds

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
hopefully i keep this one for a while... so i figured id start a build thread

picked up an 89 bronco, eddie bauer edition. manual hubs. manual 4x4 shifter. none of the push button stuff.
bought some 35" grabbers, and 17" methods. had the windows tinted. waxed it real good and brought the shine back. also just built a bumper yesterday and put 2 rigid Duallys in it for back up lights. ive got some beams right now, im gonna cut and turn them (cut out the ball joint) then build some radius arms for it. ive got 4" BDS springs coming for it, and ive also got some 12" tripple bypasses that will go on the front. leaving the back stock for right now. the plan for this thing is to keep it in the dirt as often as possible. no down time. just keeping it as simple as possible so i can actually go out and have fun in it.

heres how i picked it up...

35's and methods. had to trim a little bit of the bumper and fender but nothing noticeable.....

wax/buffed it and made a huge difference...

and heres the back bumper.

Last edited by a moderator:

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
started on the beams today. springs should be here tomorrow! cut out the lower ball joint and moved it out 1.375". also, i used (2) .25" plates to fill the gap i made since the part i cut out is so thick, welded them on both sides as you can see. Ill finish gusseting and plating them in tomorrow. then i think for right now, im just gonna cut and extend/ gusset the stock rad arms. cause im broke as a joke and cant afford 1.25" heims/ bungs. hoping to have it all on by the end of the week.

also, a friends got a full set of front/rear lockers and 4:56s hell hold for me to buy, my question is would you guys recommend the front locker? or leave it open diff? itll be used for crawling alot/ the dunes/ and also prerunning a few races.

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
I am going to put a locker in the front of Bronco as soon as I can, why would you want to leave it open?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds