MF 88-98 Chevy Coil-over Kit

Specifications:

- 5" wider per side
- 14" of travel
- 88" track width with 4.5" back spacing
- Utilizes Fabtech lift spindles (NOT included, but upgrade is highly recommended)
- Utilizes 10" coil-overs (NOT included)
- Requires fiberglass front fenders (NOT included)
- 35" tires recommended

Kit Includes:

- Boxer lower arms constructed out of .375" plate
- 1.50" x .120" 4130 upper arms
- Heimed steering with tie rods (.875" outer and .750" inner)
- 1.00" upper and lower uniballs
- Nylatron bushings at all pivot points
- Steel-braided brake lines
- Limit straps
- Poly bump stops
- Grade 8 hardware
- GMR heims and uniballs

Upgrades:

- Powder-coating
- Coil-over and bypass combination
- Air bump installation
- Toyota 4x4 lift spindles (core required)
- Fabricated lift spindles
- Fabricated steering (center-link, pitman and idler arms)
- Heimed-pivoting upper arms

Note: The design has since been changed.

MF

ridered4life250

Sep 10, 2007
Laguna Beach/ Fresno
what do u think about a single sheer lower on an LT kit? i know its pretty damn strong but have you run into any problem? why not use like a CST LT spindle? im sorry if this comes off as negative, its not. I have actaully PMed you before asking for advice, so these are just questions.

what do u think about a single sheer lower on an LT kit? i know its pretty damn strong but have you run into any problem? why not use like a CST LT spindle? im sorry if this comes off as negative, its not. I have actaully PMed you before asking for advice, so these are just questions.
I don't recommend the setup on this Chevy. The Fabtech spindles, stock snouts, and bearings are all weak (roughly the size of a 2wd Toyota Pickup). I recommend going for the upgraded Toyota spindles. This puts the lower uniball in double shear and gives you bigger snouts, bearings, and 4-piston calipers (all for about the same price as the Fabtech spindles). I will eventually have full-fabbed spindles out to eliminate the single shear lower and upgrade the bearings.

The travel is limited with this kit because of the spindles. I can get more travel out of it, but I designed to force people to either upgrade the kit or take it easy with these spindles. I consider this kit to be entry-level.

The CST spindles (I assume you are referring to the uniball ones for the newer Chevys) are very expensive. If I was going to go with a route similar to that, I would run the Camburg spindles.

For what it's worth, this truck has had zero problems with the kit/spindles.

MF

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds