MF build: '93 Chevy 1500

The truck will get a full 2" DOM cage. The rear will have Deaver leafs with 2.5" Kings and will have a fuel cell. Jose (the owner) is going to run a Trailer Products one piece and I'm going to do a tube core support. The truck will run 37s. As far as the front end goes, it will be my econo-race kit. The lowers will pivot on uniballs, the uppers on heims, full steering, 6" over per side, and set up for in-line coil-over and bypass. This kit will run a modified 4x4 Toyota spindle. The full-race kit will run a fully-fabricated spindle. I haven't started the mock-up yet, but I'm guessing it will have about 18" of travel. I'm not going to start the front end until everything from the cab-back is close to complete. Jose plans to race the truck. So far, I have about a week into the truck, including cutting the old cage out.

Tomorrow I should get the rear section of the cab cage done and have the rest (minus seat mounts and door bars) by the weekend.

Reactions: aiiraciing
Thanks for the comments. I think he will run the stock drive train until something happens. I didn't get as much done as I planned today, but tomorrow I should get the rear section done and possibly started on the roof tubes. I'm still shooting for cab cage completion this weekend.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds