Project G4 AKA QuasiGhetto

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
No offense but Dave make some ugly links and link mounts. Where's the style at.
None taken! I didn't build it! hahahah. He is in Utah now... so automagically is 2yrs behind the times on style now?

I actually like the look of the link mounts though...

But yea, definitely needs an overlay or something on the link. Yours are much more aesthetically pleasing. In fact, I almost gave you a call when this was brewing up. Thing is I am so familiar with his stuff... I figured it would be easier. And he gave me a good deal on everything. I thought i was gonna bring over my old housing, etc so I knew his kit would match right up. Things obviously changed now. LOL.

His OG ones that were CNC bent like a clam shell had a much better look (the same principle as the beams I got for this build).. but, those seemed to be prone to buckling in the center if you didn't have bump stops off the axle. Simple fix though. (vertical rib in center of canoe)

Then he had some T-shaped ones. Those are the ones my brother got. My least favorite probably.

Now I got these. I like these because they have 2x vertical ribs. I do wish the bottom wasn't just a plain old flat box though...

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Here are axle ends. the center is definitely thinner. I feel like splines are usually a tad extra long though? In any case, have a lot more work to do before I worry about that!

I mean... like making some angry Johnny 5 looking overlays? That's important, right?

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Im curious why you need the overlays?

Is it a strength thing or just visual?

Have you bent, or seen similar ones bend without plating?

They look pretty beefy on the inside.

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
if you make templates for fancy overlays and want em lasered out i can do it for ya! could pick up the templates in exchange for the interior panels! parts are looking awesome dude this truck is gonna be your best yet

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds