The DangerRanger

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Next question is this... Is it better to weld the suspension mounts to the frame or bolt?
I remember it used to be I would only see bolted. But when I built my Toyota many years ago I just welded the mounts for the arms and welded the subframe straight to the frame.

Once I get everything tacked on an looking good/ cycling without issue could I just full weld everything instead of using the rivet holes as bolt holes?

It's a tight fit but able to get base line std cab wheel base of 108 inch

So far everything checks out at ride height.
I have the tabs for the radius arms and the tubes cut. Now to decide the attachment to the beams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Next question is this... Is it better to weld the suspension mounts to the frame or bolt?
I remember it used to be I would only see bolted. But when I built my Toyota many years ago I just welded the mounts for the arms and welded the subframe straight to the frame.

Once I get everything tacked on an looking good/ cycling without issue could I just full weld everything instead of using the rivet holes as bolt holes?
Weld the beam pivot and steering swinger mounts. If you fuck them up, you have a Chinee Prasma Cuttel!

If radius arms attach to the frame rails, weld the pivot boxes. If you go center mount or semi-center mount, make the x-member easy to remove.

That’s my dos pesos.

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Once you start welding on a Ford frame you better just go ahead and box the whole thing.

You welded your cage on right? Your all ready boned, keep welding.

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Weld the beam pivot and steering swinger mounts. If you fuck them up, you have a Chinee Prasma Cuttel!

If radius arms attach to the frame rails, weld the pivot boxes. If you go center mount or semi-center mount, make the x-member easy to remove.

That’s my dos pesos.
So far it's gonna be a center Mount radius arm rig! Should have the pics up tomorrow. That prasma cwutta is the bomb!

Once you start welding on a Ford frame you better just go ahead and box the whole thing.

You welded your cage on right? Your all ready boned, keep welding.
Hahaha! Ok I'll keep on boneing away! I had thought about boxing it at some point. Guess it'll have to happen.

Thanks guys!!!

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
No where close to finished but got it all tacked together and it cycles without binding or any clearance issues (thanks to that prasma!)

Trans and radius arms xmember.

And my little Frenchie loves it!!!

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Looks good! Check firewall clearance at full bump and full lock with the wheel and tire combo you plan to use ASAP.
Good call! Hopefully I don't have to hack into that ! (To much)

I'm gonna have to get all Kung Fu and karate chop out those wheel wells and relocate then coolant overflow, battery, windshield washer bottle, and other such items

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
what material and wall thickness is the cross member mount? are you planing on adding more material and some back bracing? i used .250 4130.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Good call! Hopefully I don't have to hack into that ! (To much)

I'm gonna have to get all Kung Fu and karate chop out those wheel wells and relocate then coolant overflow, battery, windshield washer bottle, and other such items

Or push the front wheels forward if you have interference issues.

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds