The DangerRanger

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South

About 1inch from metal to metal on the transmission and frame

Im gonna have to do some trimming to be able to turn full lock to lock at full bump. It doesnt look like ill have to cut into the firewall or remove the ac box

Just about full droop front and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: partybarge_pilot
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South

Watching the replay of the mint 400! Damn, i almost miss the desert!

Got a box of wobblies in the mail today

Me today when i got out of work and started building all the suspension mounts

Reactions: ljubera0250
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
In my never ending quest to do ANYTHING but work on the truck

Went and watched some homegrown monsta trucks

Rescued a ride on mower from the neighbors overgrown field (had been sitting for 4yrs. Had it running in an hour!!!

Then finally got to work on the sh**box today! Had to drop her down to ride height to get a good look at how she will be sitting. I'm very pleased

Time to take off the front suspension to plate and finish weld it all!!!

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
Had to take some time off working on the truck to get some work done on the house. Buying a house is the single most expensive thing I've ever done!

So damn glad to see the dezertrangers web site is open again!!! Finally got my fix! And motivation to get on the truck again

Anyway... Here's some small update. Please feel free to talk shit on the welds hahaha

The day after my family left I dug out the prazma cuttel and started cutting out the plates

Started tacking things together

Ended up cutting up and redo the center Mount for the trans and radius arms. Ended up moving the mount about an inch forward so I could actually get to the trans mount bolts. Once I get it all fully set up I'll do the back legs/bracing

I kept throwing these pterodactyl shit welds and was tripping the breaker. I couldn't directly see what the prob was. Spend the good part of one of my only days off welding/grinding it off and trying again.
Turns out it was a bit of metal dust in the lining of the welding torch. Had me pulling my hair out. It's fixed now.

And got the overlays for the front suspension done!
It will be a roller here shortly

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds