The Mullet

chewy0288

Mega Member
Dec 11, 2011
near sacramento
Well the new ranger has a name now.
“The mullet”
Because it’s fabulously white trash. And undeniably attractive, in the weirdest way.

Picked her up about a month ago.
1992 4.0, 5-speed ,manual T-case.
Previous fabricator undoubtedly had a mullet at some point in his life. And smoked meth. (I can only assume)

Though she is in rough shape, she had a lot to offer... same could be said about my past girlfriends.

D44 HP upfront. NWF crossover steering, With slinky mod Deaver coilsprings, and blown 4.88 gears.

Ford 9” out back with new Chevy 63s, blown 4.56 gears, and a terrible pinion angle.

Interior is pretty clean, minus the headliner and carpet.

Also has brand new 35” BFG km2’s on new steel wheels, a plethora of spare parts (including a spare 3rd member), and boxes full of new ruff stuff components to start the rebuild process.

Let the tear down begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chewy0288

Mega Member
Dec 11, 2011
near sacramento
Would you look at that! I already have a treat for you guys.

They used an old driveline to complete the customs exhaust system!! Lmao.
I love this truck more and more every day.

chewy0288

Mega Member
Dec 11, 2011
near sacramento
Knocked out the rear pinion angle correction yesterday. Perches are corrected and burned in.

Also got the rear 4.56 gears, spool, and install kit. In the mail yesterday. So that’s cool. Always wanted a spool... and a mullet for that matter...

Today:
Busted out the torch. Made one cut, oxygen ran out. Go get my oxy/ acetylene tanks swapped, get home, I forgot to get a new torch tip!

Oh well. Let’s get to work! Made one cut and the torch seems funny. I look over and the output pressure on the oxygen side is maxed out! Upon further inspection it’s also leaking oxygen out of the relief hole... pressure adjustments don’t seem to help this. So I guess it’s time for new regulators. :(

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds