“Red Rocket” 88 ranger leftover parts build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Anyone ever use the autofab motor mounts for a 4.0? Considering just buying those to save myself the headache of taking the motor in and out while building my own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Anyone ever use the autofab motor mounts for a 4.0? Considering just buying those to save myself the headache of taking the motor in and out while building my own

yes, with the trans mount too... on every truck I have built. They are pricey.. but so is time.

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
yes, with the trans mount too... on every truck I have built. They are pricey.. but so is time.
Exactly how I see it. If I can save myself pulling the engine out 5 times and at least a whole day of work it’s worth it for me to buy. I’ll end up doing a one off trans mount since I will likely be going c4 and the stock mount is long gone

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Here’s a little update that I don’t plan to be a real update for a little while but I had the parts and a little spare time so I decided to get a little head start on this stuff....

Why can’t we just enjoy our trucks the way they are? Always wanting more....

Super simple style links. Similar to the ones I built for my f150 except these won’t be cut out using only an angle grinder. No canoe style just flat plate tube style using 2” .120 and 3/16 outer plates and inner gusseting with 1/8 overlay. Had the BMS wobble stopper uniball kit laying around from a set of links I purchased and never ended up putting together, tubing left over from a roll cage I did, and 3/16 p/o is cheap!

For the record, Mike watched me design and cut these out and didn’t even try to stop me.... what a scumbag

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Oh and I worked out a little trade deal with one of my customers. These shocks didn’t end up working out for his truck so I came into ownership of these 16” 3.0 3 tube kings (these were actually previously mine and run on the front of my f150). These should be perfect for when the truck gets linked

Oh and good thing I kept this housing around. With the new motor that’s going in the redemption ranger a flanges axle is out of the question so I have this re tubes 9” already tabed and trussed and ready to go. Pretty sure I have a set of explorer brakes at home and then all I need is a 3rd and axles

And you guys were worried about the longevity of my bedcage and frame rails. HA! You underestimate my willingness to make my truck inoperable for long periods of time. Hasn’t anyone seen my previous build threads on her?...

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
toyotacole said:
And you guys were worried about the longevity of my bedcage and frame rails. HA! You underestimate my willingness to make my truck inoperable for long periods of time. Hasn’t anyone seen my previous build threads on her?...
That was part of the "Do you have a 2 post lift" joke.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds