“Red Rocket” 88 ranger leftover parts build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
So question number 2 about the brake system.

Stock style Master: Presumably from an F350 since it drops out on the drivers side?
Did you buy a different peddle or using the stock assembly?
Front Wilwood 4 piston calipers: Does the front flex enough to soften up the peddle? Typically D44 stuff has a floating caliper.
Rears?

I'm redoing my system here soon and trying to get the brakes dialed in with a wilwood Masters (2: 1 front and 1 rear). Their peddle assembly, their floating calipers for the rear since i run a flanged axle and stock D44 calipers on the front.

FYI. I'm digging the rebuilt. I Always wanted to readjust the shock angles more in towards the vehicle to gain more leverage and hopefully smooth out the ride.
Truck has stock manual brake pedal assembly.

The front end is d35 so the caliper is bolt on to the spindle. The truck has d35 hubs but a fully fabricated spindle(not sure who make it)

The truck stopped incredibly well. Before the rebuild it had an 8.8 with drums and the Wilwoods up front and locked them up no problem. It’s one of those things I don’t know why it works so well but I won’t ask too many questions about it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Shop has been busy so progress has been slow. Finally got the engine cage welded up today

It was pretty tight getting to weld the back side of the Coilover mounts with the motor in. The guy who designed this thing sucks. Still got it all welded up and the shocks back in. Kind of worried about my steering column situation but I think I’ll be able to snake it in there.

Got this dash from McNeil

The rzr is pending sale so as soon as that sells I’ll be ordering axles and a 3rd member as well as some rear coil overs (if anyone has some fox 2.5 16s for sale hit me up) and work to getting this thing a roller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds