“Red Rocket” 88 ranger leftover parts build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
I’m lucky I’m short lol. I’ve always wanted a single cab because for me an extra cab is just a waste of space and weight.

But I will say, I’m about max height for one of these trucks. At lease with the b pillar inside the cab. My seat is pretty much mounted on the floor and back against the b pillar and it’s still tight in there. And I’m only 5 foot 7 on a good day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. I e hound the max height a person can be in my truck AND wear a helmet is 6ft.

Your build is fucking awesome and inspiring!
What length are your lower links? Super interested to see where/how you do the upper shock mounts

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Same here. I e hound the max height a person can be in my truck AND wear a helmet is 6ft.

Your build is fucking awesome and inspiring!
What length are your lower links? Super interested to see where/how you do the upper shock mounts

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Thanks dude. Lower links are 54” I believe. This set I made “custom” keeping the wheelbase as close to stock as possible and pushing the shocks foreword as far as possible without putting them in the cab.

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Had about 30 minutes after work to accomplish something so I mounted the battery box’s.

Trying to keep as much static weight behind the axle as possible. Ordered a jack mount from TT Motorsports that will go behind the axle as well as my trans cooler.

I know fuel cell behind the axle is ideal, but I couldn’t afford the nice cells for behind the axle and can’t stand to do stand up spares or trophy truck spares. This is a budget build...

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Spent about an hour after work getting the TT Motorsports jack mount mounted to the backhalf as well as the trans cooler

Tomorrow’s goal is to get the steering column finalized and through the dash. While the dash is out I’ll mount all my new auto meter gauges once I determine where the steering column will poke through.

Still looking for a set of fox 2.5 x 16 coil overs for the rear of this thing if anyone wants to part ways with a set and doesn’t want over retail…

Reactions: the bodj and Klever

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Today’s updates:

Got the steering column finalized and welded in. Took a lot longer than I had hoped but it was something I was stressing on so im glad it’s out of the way

Lots of notching around factory stuff but it all clears everything now and functions properly.

Got the column through the dash and mounted the gauges. Column doesn’t come out center on the dash so the gauges are offset which bothers me but it will do. Maby find another gauge to fill the empty void up top.

Didn’t have the proper quick release and splined shaft like I thought I did (must be the older style and my prp wheel doesn’t bolt up) so I’ll have to order a new setup.

Got all that wrapped up and welded up the trans cooler mount

Tomorrow I need to pull the upper links and shorten them (I didn’t have jam nuts when I put the rear together so the heim is just bottomed out in the bung) and build some upper link mounts. I’ll probably do a simple tubular style upper link mount. Once that is done I can Un tack the housing from the backhalf and start to figure out some numbers

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds