“Red Rocket” 88 ranger leftover parts build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

toyotacole

Senior Member
Jul 13, 2014
981
351
63
yeah I've always seen them the same sizes. I just check the wrench size and if the same then they are same sizes
Good call. Fitting had -8 stamped on it so the above link is the correct fitting. Thanks guys


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
8,116
1,841
113
San Diego
so the amazon switch pros has a "fuse panel"... or is it solid state breakers like Switch pro's. (no fuse)

And yes,.... longer arms, longer bar, thinner bar all = "softer" sway bar.
 

toyotacole

Senior Member
Jul 13, 2014
981
351
63
After work updates:

Got the core support back on and my little core support mount things installed as well as the new radiator bolted in. I didn’t hook it up since I will have to pull it out to make a shroud for the fan.




Moved to the rear and added some more tube to keep the spares from sliding around which is a big problem when doing dual stacked.


Twisted the shit out of the tube while putting 10 bends in it so I had to throw a sleeve in it hence the tube prep in the middle to cover my fuck up. Oh well no one will ever know.

Didn’t like the way the one “rolled” tube looked just floating there so I triangulated it with some 1.25 .95. Definitely didn’t need the support but looks a lot better.

Threw the spares back in. Hugs nice and tight and keeps the top spare secure. I’ll probably have to do something similar with the bottom as well






Hopefully tomorow I’ll be able to move onto the inside and do some door bars and tubes to tie the a pillar to the b pillar and finish up mounting things in the dash.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

toyotacole

Senior Member
Jul 13, 2014
981
351
63
Looking killer, your getting a ton done.
Thank you. I’m trying to just do SOMETHING every day after work and then go hard on the weekends getting as much done as possible.

There are some tasks ahead that are kind of making me nervous. The wiring is something that’s been keeping me awake at night. I know an obd1 4.0 is pretty easy as far as wiring goes but the harness I have for it it hammered and I think it might be incomplete.

My thought is to buy a $500 explorer and spend the time to carefully take the harness out and swap it over. When I’m done scrap the car or part it out for a profit.

The other wiring doesn’t bother me. I can do switches, gauges, lights… but the motor portion scares me. And I really only want enough wires to make it run. Everything else I’m confident in doing myself. I just want the truck to turn on


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
4,030
501
113
Yuma, Az
After work updates:

Moved to the rear and added some more tube to keep the spares from sliding around which is a big problem when doing dual stacked.

Twisted the shit out of the tube while putting 10 bends in it so I had to throw a sleeve in it hence the tube prep in the middle to cover my fuck up. Oh well no one will ever know.

Didn’t like the way the one “rolled” tube looked just floating there so I triangulated it with some 1.25 .95. Definitely didn’t need the support but looks a lot better.

Threw the spares back in. Hugs nice and tight and keeps the top spare secure. I’ll probably have to do something similar with the bottom as well
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dual stacked spares make sure you flatten 1 and then both spares making sure they they can be secured. 2flats can def be slimmer then 2 full, especially if they are shredded
 

toyotacole

Senior Member
Jul 13, 2014
981
351
63
Dual stacked spares make sure you flatten 1 and then both spares making sure they they can be secured. 2flats can def be slimmer then 2 full, especially if they are shredded
Exactly. I plan to do a secondary set of “hooks” for the y strap for the event of a flat so the tires can still be tightly secured


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

toyotacole

Senior Member
Jul 13, 2014
981
351
63
Weekend updates:

Only got about 7 hours of work in this weekend so didn’t get as much done as I would’ve liked.

Got the tire straps figured out. No ideal with the strap wrapping over the tube but it holds the tires down and in place really well so I ran with it. In the event of a flat the strap can go under the tube and still be able to secure the tires




Moved on to the door bars.





Felt like a cool guy on this one. Door tube welded strait to the tab for the dash mount. Mark that down as not going anywhere.


Welded all this strait through the steel it. Sometimes it welds good and sometimes it’s like welding through spray paint. Oh well burned it in.

Truck is still easy to get in and out of and the front tube is nice and far away from my leg.

Better picture of the steering with the dash out.


I think I’ve made the decision to go ahead and mount the seats to the cage. At first I was stoked that the new seats bolted into the old brackets I made, but knowing the truck is going to be quite a bit faster, id kind of like the peace of mind knowing the seats are cage mounted. Bonus is it will pass tech if I ever decide to race. So next up will probably be seat mounts before I can do the center console.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds