“Red Rocket” 88 ranger leftover parts build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
If you say this is the way then that’s what I’ll do. Will be a learning experience forshure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
it looks scaryier than it is. as long as you keep the branches in the correct area via the zip ties like every said, it will keep the layout very very close to factory.

its pretty easy to de-pin those harnesses iirc but if you really are concerned it might screw with the ecm, leave the "dont need" wires out of the loom but still connected to the ecm or fuse block. Hook everything back up once done and start it, cut the wires 1 at a time with enough left on each side to put a connector back on there if it does cause the rig to die. if it dont kill the rig, you can just cut the wire flush up against the connectors orjust cut short and shrink wrap the end. might put a little liquid electrical tape on the bare end before covering to keep corrosion out.

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Today I finally finished the exhaust. Probably have 40 hours into it at this point…. Oh well. If it doesn’t sounds at least slightly cool I give up.

Added 2 v bands and the two mufflers. These mufflers were $20 each on Amazon and are stainless. What a deal

Pretty happy with the way this came out. The only two hangers on the entire system are at the tips. Strangely enough it is supeeeer solid. Like I can hang on the exhaust and it doesn’t move. I might add 2 more hangers just to make it easier to line up when installing.

Since that’s finally done I moved on to the last piece of fab work on the truck which was mounting the tail lights. Like I said before I don’t think I’ll run the truck with the bedsides much so I wanted the tail light to chassis mount so it could stay with the truck when the glass is off as well as keep the light from breaking out of the fiberglass.

Here’s what I came up with. Forgot to take pictures of it with the bedside on but you get the idea

Looks slightly goofy with the tail light hanging so far off the truck since the bedsides are kicked so much but I think it will look better and make more sense when the tire is mounted. Now the tail light harness car rout along the bedside mount and have a connector where it meets the chassis so when the bedside mount comes completely off I just have to disconnect and everything can stay zip tied up.

I did bring home my dash harness tonight so I’m going to start working on thinning that down.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Damn you’re kicking ass! I like the taillight mounts and finished exhaust.

Did you purge weld the exhaust?

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
I really like the way you tabbed and bolted the fender mounts at the frame… I’ve got this Pile-O-Shit in the garage that I think deserves mount like that, have had bedsides mounted to the wall for years now!
6C294CF0-B021-4C40-A5CD-D362AE288EC2.jpeg

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Night update?

Tackled the dash harness. It’s done. Does it work? Who knows.

And I’m pretty sure this isn’t maximum thin there’s 2 “modules” that I think could’ve been deleted but wasn’t sure so i left them. Harness looks good but it doesn’t matter how it looks if it doesn’t work. Time will tell…

Before

After

And the carnage

Had approx 5 hours into this

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds