“Red Rocket” 88 ranger leftover parts build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
I’ve been using the single stage stuff I get on ebay from restoration shop. I’ve sprayed cars on a wetted down dirt driveway or my lawn. It’s just paint. Send it!

Reactions: SByota

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Looks good and can't wait to see it all painted. Also DO NOT give anything to juanco until you get it. Use a credit card incase you don't receive it you can call and do a charge back. Heard that had to happen a few times. Also Steve at power train dynamics in Huntington Beach i think it is does tuningn on these things as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Looks good and can't wait to see it all painted. Also DO NOT give anything to juanco until you get it. Use a credit card incase you don't receive it you can call and do a charge back. Heard that had to happen a few times. Also Steve at power train dynamics in Huntington Beach i think it is does tuningn on these things as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Good to know. Juanco said “I’ll work on it and let you know when the chip is ready to ship”. I’ll give it a few days and if he flakes I’ll contact Steve.

I don’t really want to put the truck on the rollers. Seems like a waste of money for something that probably won’t put down 100hp to the tire.

Juanco has actually been really good about getting back to me so far tho. I dmed him on Facebook the other day asking if he had a number I could call to ask a few questions and he replied within 2 minutes and answered my call. Answered my text this morning within 2 minutes as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Good to know. Juanco said “I’ll work on it and let you know when the chip is ready to ship”. I’ll give it a few days and if he flakes I’ll contact Steve.

I don’t really want to put the truck on the rollers. Seems like a waste of money for something that probably won’t put down 100hp to the tire.

Juanco has actually been really good about getting back to me so far tho. I dmed him on Facebook the other day asking if he had a number I could call to ask a few questions and he replied within 2 minutes and answered my call. Answered my text this morning within 2 minutes as well

Yup I've heard contact is always good UNTIL he gets the $ and then he's like Casper but he's the unfriendly shiesty ghost.

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
I have both juanco tune (3 settings) and one steve tune in my ECU.

the juanco tune wa the 1st one. it only tuned the motor. was fast and good for several years. then i had to replace my MAP sensor. it always had a check eng light and did not run as good.

went to get a steve tune and fix it. he told me that ford had 2 different MAP senors and i now have the other. he tuned it to the newer MAP and he tuned the trans.

it dives much more drivability and shifts way better. but....when i tuen the switch to juanco tun, my datta logger says it is faster. i went back to steve and asked if he could do something. his reply was a big NO. and no way was juanco tune faster. I asked if he could give me a more aggressive tune in another position on my switch and he also said NO. that i have the best tune already.

but steve is way more reliable and you get real numbers. never seen a dyno juanco tune. just a bench tune.

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
I have both juanco tune (3 settings) and one steve tune in my ECU.

the juanco tune wa the 1st one. it only tuned the motor. was fast and good for several years. then i had to replace my MAP sensor. it always had a check eng light and did not run as good.

went to get a steve tune and fix it. he told me that ford had 2 different MAP senors and i now have the other. he tuned it to the newer MAP and he tuned the trans.

it dives much more drivability and shifts way better. but....when i tuen the switch to juanco tun, my datta logger says it is faster. i went back to steve and asked if he could do something. his reply was a big NO. and no way was juanco tune faster. I asked if he could give me a more aggressive tune in another position on my switch and he also said NO. that i have the best tune already.

but steve is way more reliable and you get real numbers. never seen a dyno juanco tune. just a bench tune.
I actually called and spoke to Steeve Friday about the truck and discussed the different options. He was super helpful. He explained to me that he would just sell the the “chip” and it would fix the issues I’m having, but for the extra $200 he suggested just putting it on the dyno. He said he always had to make fuel and spark changes to them to get em to run the best.

That being said I will most likely be taking the truck down to Steve Friday and then Barstow Saturday. Steeve is only about 30 minutes away from me so a no brainer.

Reactions: dose and 85yota

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Small update time. Took the weekend away from the shop which was nice but got back to it after work today.

Made some simple door panels. These are 1/8. Much thicker than I wanted butttttt the material came free to me so I used what I had. Kinda heavy but that’s ok

Making this trunk for a customer and the top plate left alot of “waste” material left over. Hmmm perfect size for some door panels!

Much like the center console the door panels don’t look like much in raw aluminum form

Also excuse the sort of bad fitment. I was in a rush and ended up just pulling measurements and drawing them and cutting them out on the plasma table to save time. They will look good enough when complete.

Had enough leather to wrap them so got that done tonight

The panels will attach to the door via 1/4-20 stainless steel button heads with riv nuts in the door. Clean and simple. And heavy! We knew this truck wouldn’t be fast!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds